Voices in NaviVoice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voices in NaviVoice

This might be stupid question but how do you add more characters to navi voice and where can i download sapi 5.1 characters.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by naveedh
    This might be stupid question but how do you add more characters to navi voice and where can i download sapi 5.1 characters.
    Thanks.
    I made NaviVoice so that it wouldn't use characters. I think its pretty annoying to have a Genie floating ontop of your navigation repeating basically what you say.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

what i ment was the voices

Comment

Originally posted by naveedh
        what i ment was the voices
        Oh yeh, definatly. This is the best place to start. And yes, it will detect and put the voices into the combobox in conf.exe. You will just have to test it out and press save
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I'm having a problem with these various voices. I bought the Neospeech voices and in the Control Panel Speech section, I have selected "Kate 16k" as the voice and this now plays the FP voices. I've gone through the Navivoice conf.exe and ConfigureNavivoice.exe programs (which both need to be resized) and neither Kate nor Paul appear there, just Sam, Mary, Mike, and a bunch of weird reverbed and distorted variations (Mary in Space, Mike in Stadium, Robosoft Six, etc.). I now have three different voices (Routis girl, Kate in FP, and Mike in NaviVoice) going. How do I get the Neospeech Kate to be used in Navivoice (what are all those voice settings in the ini file for anyway)?
          Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
            I'm having a problem with these various voices. I bought the Neospeech voices and in the Control Panel Speech section, I have selected "Kate 16k" as the voice and this now plays the FP voices. I've gone through the Navivoice conf.exe and ConfigureNavivoice.exe programs (which both need to be resized) and neither Kate nor Paul appear there, just Sam, Mary, Mike, and a bunch of weird reverbed and distorted variations (Mary in Space, Mike in Stadium, Robosoft Six, etc.). I now have three different voices (Routis girl, Kate in FP, and Mike in NaviVoice) going. How do I get the Neospeech Kate to be used in Navivoice (what are all those voice settings in the ini file for anyway)?
            It should show up in that config screen. I don't know what the problem is, but my AT&T voices were recognized and are in the list (although a weird problem is that they are shifted 1 up for some reason). But nevertheless, they all still appear. They are the last voices though. You can test if microsoft agent recognizes the voices by using another program, smart-buttler.

Just to prove I'm not a crackpot:
            Attached Files
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I tried Smart-butler and it allows me access to Kate and Paul as does the Windows Speech Properties (see jpgs below). Only the NaviVoice programs don't. What is the difference between conf.exe and configurenavivoice.exe?

Also note the sizing problem when the apps open up. Both conf.exe and configurenavivoice.exe are too small when they open (see below).

What are the voice settings in the ini file and what do they mean? I still have a male voice (Mike) in Navivoice.
              Attached Files
              Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

I tried Smart-butler and it allows me access to Kate and Paul as does the Windows Speech Properties (see jpgs below). Only the NaviVoice programs don't. What is the difference between conf.exe and configurenavivoice.exe?

Also note the sizing problem when the apps open up. Both conf.exe and configurenavivoice.exe are too small when they open (see below).

What are the voice settings in the ini file and what do they mean? I still have a male voice (Mike) in Navivoice.
                Hmmmm.... I'm not trying to be an ***... but did you scroll down in the NaviVoice list?

I also find the sizing bug funny. What OS? Is it XP w/o themes?

Conf.exe is the old config util. It won't work with the new release.
                Attached Files
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Yes, I scrolled down the lists but there's a difference between the two. In the Navivoice configs I get Sam,Mary,Mike and in the Windows and Smart-Butler configs I see Kate and Paul. I'm running Win2k on a Xenarc in 800x600 compressed. Why would the two lists show different voices?

So I guess you don't want to tell us what the ini voice settings are for??
                  I'm wondering why your config has a male and female setting.

Comment

Yes, I scrolled down the lists but there's a difference between the two. In the Navivoice configs I get Sam,Mary,Mike and in the Windows and Smart-Butler configs I see Kate and Paul. I'm running Win2k on a Xenarc in 800x600 compressed. Why would the two lists show different voices?

So I guess you don't want to tell us what the ini voice settings are for??
                    I'm wondering why your config has a male and female setting.
                    Look at the attached image. It goes from left to right. Top row is MS Speech API 5.1 - and you can see that it has different voices than the other row, which is MS Agent. My guess is that Neospeech is not compatable with MS Agent

Why are there settings for female and male? Well, some people want to switch voices while driving. So I made a male and female setting. In the INI files, the number corresponds to the place in the listbox.

My guess is that Neospeech didn't install the components for agent.
                    Attached Files
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I called Neospeech directly to get to the bottom of this. They said that Neospeech voices are only SAPI 5 compliant which is not backward compatible with SAPI 4 and thus they are not available in MS Agent. Is MS Agent an obsolete protocol? If not why isn't brought up to compatibility with SAPI 5? I bought Neospeech because they are outstanding quality voices but now I can't use them in Navivoice? Why do they work with the voices that come from Frodoplayer?

Comment

I called Neospeech directly to get to the bottom of this. They said that Neospeech voices are only SAPI 5 compliant which is not backward compatible with SAPI 4 and thus they are not available in MS Agent. Is MS Agent an obsolete protocol? If not why isn't brought up to compatibility with SAPI 5? I bought Neospeech because they are outstanding quality voices but now I can't use them in Navivoice? Why do they work with the voices that come from Frodoplayer?
                        Sorry that you bought the product and it isn't compatable with MS Agent. I thought that agent is newer than SAPI 5, well anyway, they should have put a note saying that it wouldn't work I think Frodo uses SAPI 5, and not MS agent.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Ok. Try to set the voice to neospeech in your control panel and get v.9 of NaviVoice. That version should use neospeech... try it and report back
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I'll give it a try in the morning, but I'm wondering what I'll be missing without the "Frodoplayer compatibility" announced in 1.1??? What does this mean exactly?

Comment

I'll give it a try in the morning, but I'm wondering what I'll be missing without the "Frodoplayer compatibility" announced in 1.1??? What does this mean exactly?
                              Basically I want you to try v.9 and set the speech in the control panel to neospeech. that way I'll be able to see if that solves your problems If it works then I'm gonna re-introduce the code back into NaviVoice.

And .9 does not have true frodo support... I just need you to test if it works with neospeech.
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X