Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updates...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Updates...

    Lets see.... I got some working XML code!!! Not integrated yet, just got it today

    Working on d3 support... this should put NaviVoice next to V.O.I.C.E.S in navigation support. Expect more support for D3 than for iGudiance because I can get much more info from d3

    Also waiting for Frodo to release take4 which is rummored to have a different embedding procedure, so I'd have to rewrite some locate code.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

  • #2
    Did a lot of work today on the d3 part. You can now do favorites, and lots of other things that you'd usually have to do on the keyboard. I'll probably do some bug ironing tomorrow... like if d3 isnt' set to be on city first.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

    Comment


    • #3
      Working on rewriting the config program one step at a type. Can you say widescreen?
      Attached Files
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

      1995 Lexus SC300

      Comment


      • #4
        the navigation voices config is awesome. I'm gonna mess around and see if I can't find some cool voices to replace iGuidance's default voices.

        Just a comment though, the default setting for '1000' and '100' should be written out as 'thousand' and 'hundred' respectively. If you use the numeric values, the voice ends up saying "in two one hundred feet..." instead of "in two hundred feet."
        Stealth OEM spyder
        1204 dot net!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by silencery
          the navigation voices config is awesome. I'm gonna mess around and see if I can't find some cool voices to replace iGuidance's default voices.

          Just a comment though, the default setting for '1000' and '100' should be written out as 'thousand' and 'hundred' respectively. If you use the numeric values, the voice ends up saying "in two one hundred feet..." instead of "in two hundred feet."
          Glad you like it!

          When you are done, post your INI file. This is because I needed someone to actually have tested this in the real world. I don't get out much

          And I'm working on shortening this list... one more columb, a few pages less of names
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

          1995 Lexus SC300

          Comment


          • #6
            Now I have 5 pages of voices

            So yeh, now comes the hard part of coding in the XML :'(
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

            1995 Lexus SC300

            Comment


            • #7
              Is there documentation available for the detailed voice settings? I'm trying to play w/ the pronounce, emphasize and other features but I'm having trouble getting some custom voice engines to sound natural.

              Eventually, I'd like to possibly upload a package of new voices for people to try in iguidance. This package of voices will probably be amplified as an option as well for people who feel like its necessary. I don't think the wav files would exceed more than 2MB.
              Stealth OEM spyder
              1204 dot net!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll be sure to post a final INI when I'm done. I hope to try out some new voices as soon as I can find the time.
                Stealth OEM spyder
                1204 dot net!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by silencery
                  Is there documentation available for the detailed voice settings? I'm trying to play w/ the pronounce, emphasize and other features but I'm having trouble getting some custom voice engines to sound natural.

                  Eventually, I'd like to possibly upload a package of new voices for people to try in iguidance. This package of voices will probably be amplified as an option as well for people who feel like its necessary. I don't think the wav files would exceed more than 2MB.
                  Documentation
                  Originally posted by silencery
                  I'll be sure to post a final INI when I'm done. I hope to try out some new voices as soon as I can find the time.
                  You won't "find" voices, you have to buy them And the voice files are HUGE, about 500megs for AT&T!
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

                  1995 Lexus SC300

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cool, just what I was looking for.

                    Actually, I have access to those files =) The british ones are funny. They've even got an 'English female voice w/ Indian accent.'
                    Stealth OEM spyder
                    1204 dot net!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by silencery
                      Cool, just what I was looking for.

                      Actually, I have access to those files =) The british ones are funny. They've even got an 'English female voice w/ Indian accent.'
                      about the one with indian accent
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

                      1995 Lexus SC300

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks to the wonderful support on these forums, I am how able to communicate efficiently with Map Monkey... next version will have Map Monkey and Road Runner support
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

                        1995 Lexus SC300

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey... hasn't anyone ever released a new voice pack for iGuidance? They are just wav files. I was thinking of doing it myself using MS's newest TTS which sounds really good, but then I figured someone else must have created new voice wav files and posted them. Was I wrong?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                            Hey... hasn't anyone ever released a new voice pack for iGuidance? They are just wav files. I was thinking of doing it myself using MS's newest TTS which sounds really good, but then I figured someone else must have created new voice wav files and posted them. Was I wrong?
                            You can make your own voice pack using NaviVoice's config program
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

                            1995 Lexus SC300

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I know that... I said I was thinking of doing it myself... but I didn't want to have to type out all the words... I'd rather just download a zip of wav's that someone else made.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X