X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Name of NaviVoice...

A lot thought has been put into this.

The next version of NaviVoice (totally rewritten) will be called PowerVoice or PV for short.
    This change is to reflect the change of NaviVoice from the navigation category to include total control of the computer. So the new name is more encompassign of its new features

Thanks to NJ_Jackals for coming up with the name
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Per-Vert, or PV for short.

J/K I like the new name, it was time to bring it up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHIEVER
      Per-Vert, or PV for short.

J/K I like the new name, it was time to bring it up to date.

I'll make the XML version of PV suite its name
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

0l33l,
        How far along are you with the new version? I have been anxious to give your software a try but I still need to get a mic. Also, I read somewhere that NV is quite tedious to setup. Will PV be easier to get going?
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by DiNASTY
          0l33l,
          How far along are you with the new version? I have been anxious to give your software a try but I still need to get a mic. Also, I read somewhere that NV is quite tedious to setup. Will PV be easier to get going?
          Well, I haven't started on the new version yet. I need to work on converting some VB SAPI code I have that doesn't require the XML file, so I can make it on the fly from my master XML file.
          It should be easier to set up.

Once you get NV setup, its easy to use
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I dont think navivoice is hard to setup at all. I mean he gives a numerical value to both commands and responses so its a simple matter of matching and changing values to suit ur taste.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
              I dont think navivoice is hard to setup at all. I mean he gives a numerical value to both commands and responses so its a simple matter of matching and changing values to suit ur taste.
              Yeh... but I guess some people have a hard time understanding that concept... esp when the values are scattered all over the INI file
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I would have thought Simply VoiceControl would have been more to the point and has a nicer ring to it, but PV certainly isn't bad. I am yet to try your software, but I recently recieved my logitech NC mic and stripped it of it's enormous black banana sheath
                Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                  I would have thought Simply VoiceControl would have been more to the point and has a nicer ring to it, but PV certainly isn't bad. I am yet to try your software, but I recently recieved my logitech NC mic and stripped it of it's enormous black banana sheath
                  Well, simply would imply that it is simple, i.e. not advanced
                  See if the stripped logitech is as good as a nonstripped logitech. From what I hear those fins were put there for a reason.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

So far on my laptop the mic seems to record just as well as it did before the desheathing. I will test it out on PV soon. What have heard, lack of clarity or poor proximics?
                    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                    Please help.

Comment

passive noise-cancelling mics rely on those fins to operate. something about if the same sound exists on both sides of the mic (front where you speak, and at the fins) then it will get cancelled out, but sound directed at it from the user (front only) will get picked up.

if you take the package away, you just have a normal microphone which isn't always as good. if you're just holding it in open air, well then it has a vented rear already, but if you go mounting it in your car somewhere where the area behind the mic is sealed up, then it will probably pick up more noise.
                      But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                      Originally posted by Viscouse
                      I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                      eegeek.net

Comment

Working...
                      X