OLE error 8004503A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLE error 8004503A

Ok, so I tried navivoice today as I think I would like to get something like this going on, but when I try to open navivoice it throws the error of OLE error 8004503A. I havn't messed with any of the settings prior to this, then I decided to take a look at the configure panel, some minor changes in there, but nothing that would effect that I wouldn't think, still doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Do you have SAPI installed?
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

hum, thats the voice interface with windows right? I went and clicked on speech in control panel and it started installing... which is bogus because I have used the speech before on this machine for relized voice, and it works within roadrunner... So the installation crashes looking for some msi file which I cannot find, so now I have no idea whats wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdlrn
        hum, thats the voice interface with windows right? I went and clicked on speech in control panel and it started installing... which is bogus because I have used the speech before on this machine for relized voice, and it works within roadrunner... So the installation crashes looking for some msi file which I cannot find, so now I have no idea whats wrong with it.
        Is your isntall nlited?
        I think windows comes with just speech output, not input. So you need to install SAPI.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ya, sorry, I was just figuring that out... my dekstop here at home does have the input because I had relized voice, but it seems broken becaue I uninstalled realized voice a while ago... so that being said... where could I get sapi?

oh, also, I don't have nlighted... its full xp pro... certain things arn't installed, but it is a full install other then like media pictures and games.

Comment

ya, sorry, I was just figuring that out... my dekstop here at home does have the input because I had relized voice, but it seems broken becaue I uninstalled realized voice a while ago... so that being said... where could I get sapi?

oh, also, I don't have nlighted... its full xp pro... certain things arn't installed, but it is a full install other then like media pictures and games.
            http://www.voiceguide.com/vgDownload.htm
            Get SAPI5.1.
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ok, downloaded that, installed it, and I'm having the same problem with speech profile... everytime I open speech to change properties its all like where is speechprofile.msi... I have searched my harddrive all over for this and don't have it... I'm not sure what to do from there...

Comment

ok, downloaded that, installed it, and I'm having the same problem with speech profile... everytime I open speech to change properties its all like where is speechprofile.msi... I have searched my harddrive all over for this and don't have it... I'm not sure what to do from there...
                Windows reinstall. Sounds like something is up with your windows.
                I didn't write SAPI, so I don't know
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                X