Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survey: What voice do you use with NaviVoice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Survey: What voice do you use with NaviVoice?

    I am curious - What voice do you use with NaviVoice?

    And what do you have it say to you?
    Is it just functional or cool, weird, kinky?

    I am using Cepestral Linda - it was cheap and I think she sounds pretty good and sexy.

    I would love to get Acapela Heather but I think she is still really expensive.

    I might buy ScanSoft Australian Heather - she sounds really good and I think she sounds quite sexy.

    I still want to add a lot but right now mine responds:

    Me: Hi
    Computer: Hi George!

    Me: I'm back
    Computer: I have missed you so much! Thank you for coming back to talk to me!

    Me: How are you?
    Computer: I am fine and I am ready to fulfill your every desire!

    Me: You are really sexy!
    Computer:Thank you! You are really hot! I want you so bad!

    etc.(maybe starts getting weird after those)

  • #2
    time to get out of the house and find a girlfriend.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

    Check Out My Install!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Quattro
      time to get out of the house and find a girlfriend.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

      1995 Lexus SC300

      Comment


      • #4


        Originally posted by gbh
        etc.(maybe starts getting weird after those)
        It gets weird AFTER that?

        -arebelspy
        See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
        Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
        i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Quattro
          time to get out of the house and find a girlfriend.
          I do have a girlfriend. Actually, I think she is a little jealous of the relationship me and my car computer have.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gbh
            I am curious - What voice do you use with NaviVoice?
            I use a stern (but sensitive) voice when using Navivoice. I want it to know who's boss.
            Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wysocki
              I use a stern (but sensitive) voice when using Navivoice. I want it to know who's boss.


              Tough love, huh?

              -arebelspy
              See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
              Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
              i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

              Comment


              • #8
                I use AT&T Crystal but the "name" is still the default ie B.o.r.i.s.
                I changed it once but the missus seemed so unimpressed I changed it back.
                All I have to do now is explain to a 7 year old why B.o.r.i.s has such a feminine voice...
                www.debthelpexpert.org

                Comment


                • #9
                  I use the replaced boris with "computer" for my default name. Sounds better to me to say "computer, next song" rather than any particular name, IMO.

                  -arebelspy
                  See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                  Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by roadhog
                    I use AT&T Crystal but the "name" is still the default ie B.o.r.i.s.
                    I changed it once but the missus seemed so unimpressed I changed it back.
                    All I have to do now is explain to a 7 year old why B.o.r.i.s has such a feminine voice...

                    I originally changed Boris to "Hey Baby" but my GF seemed very unimpressed. I changed it to "listen" until I decide on something else. "Computer" might be pretty good.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I named my computer a girl's name and use Neospeech Kate. I also have it respond with "Yes master" when I give it a command. The funniest was the first time I showed my girl I was going through my interface and said "Kate, go down". When it responded with "Yes master", my girl responded with "You better change that if you want me to ever go down again!". I made a deal with her and it no longer says that. I'll be subtle and just say my deal with her made me almost crash the car later on It was all worth it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get new voices, but I haven't had much luck yet.

                        Where is a good place to start?

                        I listened to the demo for Acapela Heather, and it is amazing. Strangely enough though, I can't even find a place that offers it for download.
                        2002 Grand Am progress :
                        [] - 80%
                        ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I believe I got mine from nextup.com. There are plenty of places that sell them though and each has a different selection.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by StrataG
                            I named my computer a girl's name and use Neospeech Kate. I also have it respond with "Yes master" when I give it a command. The funniest was the first time I showed my girl I was going through my interface and said "Kate, go down". When it responded with "Yes master", my girl responded with "You better change that if you want me to ever go down again!". I made a deal with her and it no longer says that. I'll be subtle and just say my deal with her made me almost crash the car later on It was all worth it
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

                            1995 Lexus SC300

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mercury7
                              I've spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get new voices, but I haven't had much luck yet.

                              Where is a good place to start?

                              I listened to the demo for Acapela Heather, and it is amazing. Strangely enough though, I can't even find a place that offers it for download.
                              I got my voice from Nextup.com like StrataG did. They have At&t, Neospeech and Cepestral. They also have a bunch of ScanSoft voices that you can buy but they haven't been officially released - you have to look in their voice forum for ScanSoft to find the link to hear and buy them.

                              AFAIK to get Acapella Heather you have to pay thousands for a license but I would think sooner or later it should get release cheap for personal use - I Hope!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X