How do I add more commands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add more commands?

Hey, I installed the program. it took me a while but finally got it to work and I love it. It works great! It does what i needed.

Now i know it's pointless, but is there a way to add more commands and responses, like if you say "thank you" it will say "you are welcome"
    just to add more fun, you know. I dont really care, but my girlfriend wants to have conversations with it

thanks

Originally posted by boostedGT-S
    Hey, I installed the program. it took me a while but finally got it to work and I love it. It works great! It does what i needed.

Now i know it's pointless, but is there a way to add more commands and responses, like if you say "thank you" it will say "you are welcome"
    just to add more fun, you know. I dont really care, but my girlfriend wants to have conversations with it

thanks
    Sure, just switch it over to Pierce Brosnan's personality. But be warned, it may kill you for your girlfriend's love! </simpsons reference>

steve
    steven n

95 Saturn SC1
    Alpine 9831 + Blaupunkt SR04
    Stereo Integrity 327 Comps + MTX 4244
    Resonant Engineering XXX 18 D2 + Elemental Designs Nine.1 + 7.5ft^3 tuned to ~29Hz

Carputer Progress: Rethinking, box has consumed my trunk

Comment

Sure, you can do that! Find the section that says "<!-- Others 144-150 are your definable -->" in the XML file. Then add the response to the INI file under VOICES and remember the number from the XML file
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
        Sure, you can do that! Find the section that says "<!-- Others 144-150 are your definable -->" in the XML file. Then add the response to the INI file under VOICES and remember the number from the XML file
        This implies that you can only do seven custom voice replies. I'm using the 300-399 range and setup my CarPC as "Bambi" (with Neospeech Kate) and have put it a bunch of vocal replies just to impress friends. and here are a few examples from my xml/ini files:

<p val="110">bambi</p>
        voice110=sir?

<p val="310">hello</p>
        voice310=hello sir, what do you want from me now?

<p val="311">engine status</p>
        voice311=Here is the current Engine status report. Battery voltage is 12.9 volts, coolant level is ok, engine oil level is ok, wind shield washer fluid is below 50%, Average miles per gallon this week is 29.5

<p val="312">how are you</p>
        voice312=I"m doing very well sir, thank you for asking.

<p val="313">talk to me</p>
        voice313=I'm really rather busy at the moment sir, Don't you know any real women you could talk to?
        Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
          This implies that you can only do seven custom voice replies. I'm using the 300-399 range and setup my CarPC as "Bambi" (with Neospeech Kate) and have put it a bunch of vocal replies just to impress friends. and here are a few examples from my xml/ini files:

<p val="110">bambi</p>
          voice110=sir?

<p val="310">hello</p>
          voice310=hello sir, what do you want from me now?

<p val="311">engine status</p>
          voice311=Here is the current Engine status report. Battery voltage is 12.9 volts, coolant level is ok, engine oil level is ok, wind shield washer fluid is below 50%, Average miles per gallon this week is 29.5

<p val="312">how are you</p>
          voice312=I"m doing very well sir, thank you for asking.

voice313=I'm really rather busy at the moment sir, Don't you know any real women you could talk to?
          Yeh, that's the other way But the 300-399 can also type in some text. I'd only use those if u run out of the other ones. But it really doesn't matter, it just skips a step in the code with the other one.
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

What program do i use to edit the XML?
            Thats only half true...

Comment

yay me i fig it out!

This isnt so bad after a few hours of reading. Great program!
              Thats only half true...

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond
                yay me i fig it out!

This isnt so bad after a few hours of reading. Great program!
                Looks like you're one of the people who doesn't deserve their title
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

looks like 144-148 are taken now.. what ones would you reccomend for speech "talkback" as it were?

-arebelspy
                  See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                  Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                    looks like 144-148 are taken now.. what ones would you reccomend for speech "talkback" as it were?

-arebelspy
                    Put in the NAMES section. Or go to config and add them under places (not favorites). Then add appropriate #s to XML.
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

So i'm currently using the new Navivoice 1.7 and i tried adding new for commands but i don't get the computer's voice response

i can't do somethin like

first xml

then.. ini file

Comment

Originally posted by Byakuya
                        So i'm currently using the new Navivoice 1.7 and i tried adding new for commands but i don't get the computer's voice response

i can't do somethin like

first xml

then.. ini file
                        I actually tried this... and it works.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

What do i need to do to change the keyword from "boris" to something else ?
                          04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Search the XML for "boris"... i think is in the low 100s.
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                            X