Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does NaviVoice do (What features are offered)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does NaviVoice do (What features are offered)?

I've seen this product hanging around for a few months but I'm not sure what it does? Can you explain.

thanx tom

Yeah same here - I've seen it mentioned loads, is there a "What it does, how it works guide???" Its always looked really interesting but not sure what to do with it.

Comment

and I thought I was just being thick. Seems like it wasn't just me then.

Comment

Navivoice is used to control certain aspects of your computer with voice. It controls Routis/IGuidance, Frodoplayer, Mapmonkey and maybe more but thats what I use it with. Like I can be driving along and all I have to do is tell the computer that I want to advance to the next song. Or if I want to enter an address into routis I can do it with speech instead of touching the screen.
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Could it be configured to work with Road Runner etc and other third party apps

Comment

that is a question for 033l, because he is actually the one that wrote the program. I can only account for what i use it for which is Frodoplayer, Mapmonkey and Routis
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

LOL, im with you guys, I had no idea what it did either.
              2011 Nissan Frontier SL
              AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
              OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

i thought it was just for routis and iguidence, neither of which i could afford right now
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

At least we aren't the only ones BertyBassett!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
                    i thought it was just for routis and iguidence, neither of which i could afford right now
                    Yeah, the name NaviVoice sort of implies it has something to do with GPS

Voice Monkey would be better
                    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
                      that is a question for 033l, because he is actually the one that wrote the program. I can only account for what i use it for which is Frodoplayer, Mapmonkey and Routis
                      does it work well? i mean do you have to constantly repeat yourself for it to understand what to do? or do you have to press something in order for it to listen? how does it put up with the road noise, driving is a very noisy environment.

Comment

Well, all you have to say is the keyword which makes it start listening, which currently is "boris" but you can change it to anything that you would like. if you take about 20 minutes to train it I have found that it will pretty much get everything on the first try. the only time it has a problem is when the music is loud or the window is open at high speed.
                        肚子笑痛了
                        S60 Install

Comment

NaviVoice was a program who's original name was RoutisVoice because it supported only routis. I later got iGuidance and had full support. Later I implemented Macros for other applications so that you could for instance control solitare or something like that. With the release of v1.5 I now have Frodoplayer, Road Runner, Map Monkey, Routis, and iGuidance support. You can also enter text with it into any place that accepts text
                          Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
                          Yeah, the name NaviVoice sort of implies it has something to do with GPS

Voice Monkey would be better
                          I still don't get the whole monkey business
                          Originally posted by nl4jy
                          does it work well? i mean do you have to constantly repeat yourself for it to understand what to do? or do you have to press something in order for it to listen? how does it put up with the road noise, driving is a very noisy environment.
                          If you train it well then you won't have to repeat that much. A lot has to do with the microphone. A noise-canceling microphone is ideal, if not necessary. You CAN press something for it to listen, but its listen command can be accessed by saying "boris"... this will give you a 10 second window in which NaviVoice will respond to the commands it hears.
                          Originally posted by Enforcer
                          PC psychiatrist. world be a better name "I'm listening"
                          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
                            Well, all you have to say is the keyword which makes it start listening, which currently is "boris" but you can change it to anything that you would like. if you take about 20 minutes to train it I have found that it will pretty much get everything on the first try. the only time it has a problem is when the music is loud or the window is open at high speed.
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                            X