This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release] SKINbedder v2

v2 has a few bug ironed out with positioning of windows.
    v2 also supports iGudiance, removing its nag, and getting rid of the problems durign resume.

Code:
    SKINbedder 2.0
    -------------------------

Who Made This?
    --------------
    This program was written by Ryan McCormick (RPM_VR4 on MP3Car.com) and David Burban (0l33l on MP3Car.com) using Borland Delphi 7.0.  

What is it?
    -----------
    SKINbedder allows you to crop & skin ANY program.  It will create a window with which you can embed any number of other programs to.  You can then draw any number of skinned buttons over the window and have the buttons send any key-press to any of the embedded programs. iGuidance is also supported.

How is this different from iGSkinner?
    -------------------------------------
    Nothing except you have to make your own command set after resume from hibernation/standby.

How do I use it?
    ----------------
    All settings are made by editing a single INI file.  Below is the syntax for the non-obvious settings.

[MainWindow]
    BackgroundColor=$??????
    Must start with a "$" and then have the HEX codes for the color in BGR format (not RGB...  don't ask).

[WindowsDisplaySettings]
    WindowBorderWidth=?
    TitleBarHeight=?

These should be set to the settings of your desktop in Display Settings -> Appearance -> Advanced.
    Later you will be able to toggle the nudge settings on and off, but this will allow the boarder and title bar to always be hidden.

[Programs]
    P0=<path>\<filename>
    P1=<path>\<filename>

A list of programs to embed.  Must start with P0, then P1, then P2, ...

[iG]
    Panel=
    Set which panel is going to embedd iGuidance
    Command=
    Make your own command here for what to do after clicking ok to the No GPS detected warning

[Buttons]
    B0=P?
    B1=P?
    B2=P?
    B3=P?

A list of buttons to show and the program each button will send its key-presses to.

[Groups]
    G0=B?,B?,B?

Not used yet.  Later you will be able to Hide/Show and Enable/Dissable groups of buttons.

[P?]
    WindowName=		The title of the window to embed.
    Parameters=		Parameters to send program
    Directory=		Set the directory
    PanelColor=		This will only be visible if the nudge settings reveal part of the panel.
    PanelTop=		
    PanelLeft=		
    PanelWidth=		
    PanelHeight=		
    NudgeLeft=
    NudgeRight=		All nudge settings affect how the embeded
    NudgeTop=		  program is displayed on its panel. 
    NudgeBottom=
    Anchors=		left, right, bottom, top
    			combine left and right for instance to make the panel resize automatically. 
    			Any combinations will work

[B?]
    Command=		Comma-delimited list of keystrokes to send.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKINbedder 1.0  -  beta 1
    -------------------------

Who Made This?
    --------------
    This program was written by Ryan McCormick (RPM_VR4 on MP3Car.com) using Borland Delphi 7.0.  Much thanks goes out to Ol33l of MP3Car who gave me his source to iGSkinner which I use as an example to learn how to do this myself.

What is it?
    -----------
    SKINbedder allows you to crop & skin ANY program.  It will create a window with which you can embed any number of other programs to.  You can then draw any number of skinned buttons over the window and have the buttons send any key-press to any of the embedded programs.

How is this different from iGSkinner?
    -------------------------------------
    It doesn't handle NAG screens or GPS re-connection (Yet).  It is designed to work with ANY program (including iGuidance, but for now you will have to click OK on the nag-screen yourself with-in 10 seconds).  It is my own design from scratch and it has a ton of features I needed for iG as well as my OBD datalogger software.

How do I use it?
    ----------------
    All settings are made by editing a single INI file.  Below is the syntax for the non-obvious settings.

[MainWindow]
    BackgroundColor=$??????

Must start with a "$" and then have the HEX codes for the color in BGR format (not RGB...  don't ask).
    This will only be visible if none of the "PanelAlign" are set to "Client" and the panels are positioned to reveal part of the main window.

[WindowsDisplaySettings]
    WindowBorderWidth=?
    TitleBarHeight=?

These should be set to the settings of your desktop in Display Settings -> Appearance -> Advanced.
    Later you will be able to toggle the nudge settings on and off, but this will allow the boarder and title bar to always be hidden.

[Programs]
    P0=<path>\<filename>
    P1=<path>\<filename>

A list of programs to embed.  Must start with P0, then P1, then P2, ...

[Buttons]
    B0=P?
    B1=P?
    B2=P?
    B3=P?

A list of buttons to show and the program each button will send its key-presses to.

[Groups]
    G0=B?,B?,B?

Not used yet.  Later you will be able to Hide/Show and Enable/Dissable groups of buttons.

[P?]
    WindowName=		The title of the window to embed.
    PanelAlign=		Top, Left, Right, Bottom, Client, or None.
    PanelColor=		This will only be visible if the nudge settings reveal part of the panel.
    PanelTop=		Only used if Align = None
    PanelLeft=		Only used if Align = None
    PanelWidth=		Only used if Align = None, Left, or Right
    PanelHeight=		Only used if Align = None, Top, or Bottom
    NudgeLeft=
    NudgeRight=		All nudge settings affect how the embeded
    NudgeUp=		  program is displayed on its panel. 
    NudgeDown=

[B?]
    Corner=			Window/Panel (W/P) - Top/Bottom (T/B) - Left/Right (L/R) (ie: "WTL")
    Command=		Comma-delimited list of keystrokes to send.
    Screenshots later, after someone makes a good skin for the whole program

Download SKINBedder v2
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

NO WORKY.

when I attempt to embed it in RR. It says, External GPS, goes to the RR skin, but the program does not open, and nothing get embeded.

What is the GPS window name. I tried Iguidance. I see the IG start up, and see the map (with I think NOTEPAD underneath it????????), but it doesn;t embed correctly. I then tried SKINbedder, and that actually didn;t work at all. Skinbedder didn't even start, even though the exe path is correct in the RR config file.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Here is my SKIN.zip.
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
        NO WORKY.

when I attempt to embed it in RR. It says, External GPS, goes to the RR skin, but the program does not open, and nothing get embeded.

What is the GPS window name. I tried Iguidance. I see the IG start up, and see the map (with I think NOTEPAD underneath it????????), but it doesn;t embed correctly. I then tried SKINbedder, and that actually didn;t work at all. Skinbedder didn't even start, even though the exe path is correct in the RR config file.

Michael
        The Title is SKINbedder. I have no problems embeddign it in RR. Update RR maybe? It launches and everything.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
          The Title is SKINbedder. I have no problems embeddign it in RR. Update RR maybe? It launches and everything.
          I did update RR. No go. It doesn't even launch Skinbedder. But, if I change the RR config to look for the IG window, Skinbedder starts, but doesn't embed correctly (which I understand because it has skinbedder).

Michael
          EDIT: Changed the name of the windowtitle in the ini (Changed it to "Michael") and made the appropriate change in the RR config, and all looks good now. Wierd.

Comment

I did update RR. No go. It doesn't even launch Skinbedder. But, if I change the RR config to look for the IG window, Skinbedder starts, but doesn't embed correctly (which I understand because it has skinbedder).

Michael
            EDIT: Changed the name of the windowtitle in the ini (Changed it to "Michael") and made the appropriate change in the RR config, and all looks good now. Wierd.
            No clue. I took out any code to terminate SKINbedder if something was not found. RR is really weird! It grabbed my firefox window AND launched skinbedder

Maybe he has something to prevent skinbedder from running
            Glad you got that worked out
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

No clue. I took out any code to terminate SKINbedder if something was not found. RR is really weird! It grabbed my firefox window AND launched skinbedder

Maybe he has something to prevent skinbedder from running
              Glad you got that worked out
              Alright. Next thing. See what I have outlined in purple. I want to move that off the screen somehow, so that the grey bar just above what I have outlined, sits at the bottom of the screen. Can that be done, and with what. Nudge setting. Window size? (Just so you know, I have it running in RR, and I have the toolbar set to "not be on top", so that it can't be seen)

Michael

Comment

Alright. Next thing. See what I have outlined in purple. I want to move that off the screen somehow, so that the grey bar just above what I have outlined, sits at the bottom of the screen. Can that be done, and with what. Nudge setting. Window size? (Just so you know, I have it running in RR, and I have the toolbar set to "not be on top", so that it can't be seen)

Michael
                Yeh, you should be able to shove it off screen, unless we ran into that window sizing bug again
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Yeh, you should be able to shove it off screen, unless we ran into that window sizing bug again
                  HOW? I got rid of all reference to P1 (I don't want/need Notepad), and then increased the height to 600 (For 800x600), but it is still there.

Michael

Comment

HOW? I got rid of all reference to P1 (I don't want/need Notepad), and then increased the height to 600 (For 800x600), but it is still there.

Michael
                    Change NudgeBottom.
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Change NudgeBottom.
                      K.

Michael

Comment

How do I send an ESCAPE command? I just had an idea... you can create a button titled "CANCEL" which sends several continuous escape commands
                        Command=Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape, Escape

This will get you out of ANY screen no mater how far down you drilled down the menus... it doesn't work for me with ESCAPE though.... what is the command?

EDIT: Furthermore! You can preceed every command with escape,escape,escape etc. so that any open window will be dismissed before executing a new command. Such as:

[B1]
                        X=0
                        Y=-148
                        Image=FAV_Norm.bmp
                        ImageDown=FAV_Down.bmp
                        ImageDissabled=FAV_Down.bmp
                        Anchors=Bottom,left
                        Command=Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Enter,U p,Up,Up,Enter

This will even take care of situations where you hit the same button twice.
                        So the question still stands: what is the command for an escape key?!
                        2002 Honda CR-V
                        Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                        Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                        ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                          How do I send an ESCAPE command? I just had an idea... you can create a button titled "CANCEL" which sends several continuous escape commands
                          Command=Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape, Escape

This will get you out of ANY screen no mater how far down you drilled down the menus... it doesn't work for me with ESCAPE though.... what is the command?

EDIT: Furthermore! You can preceed every command with escape,escape,escape etc. so that any open window will be dismissed before executing a new command. Such as:

[B1]
                          X=0
                          Y=-148
                          Image=FAV_Norm.bmp
                          ImageDown=FAV_Down.bmp
                          ImageDissabled=FAV_Down.bmp
                          Anchors=Bottom,left
                          Command=Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Escape,Enter,U p,Up,Up,Enter

This will even take care of situations where you hit the same button twice.
                          So the question still stands: what is the command for an escape key?!
                          Problem is that the ESC key is being sent to the main window and not to the child windows which have to receive that key.

Code:
                          CTRL- 
                          ALT- 
                          SHIFT- 
                          BKSP or BACKSPACE 
                          TAB
                          ENTER or RETURN 
                          ESC or ESCAPE or EXIT 
                          PLUS or + 
                          MINUS or - or SUBTRACT 
                          F1 
                          F2 
                          F3 
                          F4 
                          F5 
                          F6 
                          F7 
                          F8 
                          F9 
                          F10 
                          F11 
                          F12 
                          HOME 
                          END 
                          UP or UPARROW 
                          DOWN or DNARROW or DOWNARROW 
                          LEFT or LTARROW or LEFTARROW 
                          RIGHT or RTARROW or RIGHTARROW 
                          PGUP or PAGEUP 
                          PGDN or PAGEDOWN 
                          INS or INSERT 
                          DEL or DELETE
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Oh crap! Is that a bug? Can it be fixed? Would be extremely useful to have access to the ESCAPE command!!!

Problem is that the ESC key is being sent to the main window and not to the child windows which have to receive that key.
                            2002 Honda CR-V
                            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                            Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                            ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                              Oh crap! Is that a bug? Can it be fixed? Would be extremely useful to have access to the ESCAPE command!!!
                              Not a bug. The commands get send to the main window before because we give it focus when sending commands. I'd put in a command to focus it on the child windows, BUT you can't realy put all the titles together (i.e. you will loose focus if you have a enter street title when you're on the enter intersection page).
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X