Clear All

• Feature Requests

Post your feature requests here.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Play sound file when button pressed.

Would like the ability to play a sound (.wav) file with each button press.
    Audible feedback is a MUST in a touchscreen!

I have my frontend (Centrafuse) play a wav file with each button press. When SkinBedder kicks in, I have nno audible feedback. Disaster!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
        Will do!
        Sounds like a job for AutoIt
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Well, it currently will run AutoIt scripts, so yeah... you can do it with 2.999

I could add a Play([filename]) command to our scripts using TMediaPlayer though. Should I do it?

Comment

Not sure what you guys are proposing... I wouldn't want to have to script this in... can you natively support 'playing a wav' file upon every successful button press?
            2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
              Not sure what you guys are proposing... I wouldn't want to have to script this in... can you natively support 'playing a wav' file upon every successful button press?
              Yeh, we could.

Just thought that giving people ability to define different sound files for each button would be better
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I would rather have ONE global wav file setting, than having to define it multiple times throughout the config.

I think most people would want the same 'click/berep' sound for every button push. Keep It Simple.

Originally posted by 0l33l
                Yeh, we could.

Just thought that giving people ability to define different sound files for each button would be better
                2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

It would be interesting to have a "toggle" behaviour on the buttons. Something like:

[B0]
                  X=0
                  Y=40
                  Image_S0=button.bmp ; bitmap status 0
                  Image_S1=buttonselected.bmp ; bitmap status 1
                  ImageDown= button_Down.bmp
                  ImageOver= button_Over.bmp
                  ImageDissabled= button_Down.bmp
                  Anchors=Bottom,Left
                  Command_S0=command1, command2, ; commands status 0
                  Command_S1=command8, command9, ; commands status 1
                  I know that there is no way for SD to know what is the status of the toggle when the client app is embedded, but even so it might prove useful.

Ex: I have SB on my car, embedding NetStumbler. I can start and stop scanning with a simple key press, Ctrl B I think. It would be great to have a good visual indication if scanning it's on or off since NS has just a small indication on the status line.

What do u think??
                  Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                  Status -->
                  Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                  BraveCar 2.5

Comment

JIT: Sorry man, I don't really like it that way. Right now each button has a script like this:

command=Send(Up)

Currently, all buttons send to the Map window too. I am going to move more and more in to the command script so that people can customize it to do whatever they want. This is how it will be for V3:

Command=Play(beep.wav),Focus(Map),Send(Up)

You can either Find and Replace "beep.wav" with whatever you want, or just replace the beep.wav file. If you don't want a beep, then you can either Find and Replace "Play(beep.wav)," with "" or you can just delete beep.wav.

Bravellir: My plan is to make it so buttons can switch "skins". If you want a toggle button, you would just have 2 identical "skins" except for that one button being different. I suppose if you need multiple toggle buttons on the same screen, there could end up being a ton of "skins" to cover ever possible combination of the toggles, so I might add a more true toggle feature to the buttons, but that will come later. At least it will be possible to have a few toggles in V3.

Edit: JIT: Actually you since the Run() command will run any file that has an association, you could just Find and Replace "command=" with "command=Run(beep.wav)," and it would work right now (however, that may make WMP or whatever you have associated with .wav's popup in front of SKINbedder).

Comment

No problem. That works well for me
                      2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4

Bravellir: My plan is to make it so buttons can switch "skins". If you want a toggle button, you would just have 2 identical "skins" except for that one button being different. I suppose if you need multiple toggle buttons on the same screen, there could end up being a ton of "skins" to cover ever possible combination of the toggles, so I might add a more true toggle feature to the buttons, but that will come later. At least it will be possible to have a few toggles in V3.
                        Works for me , tks...
                        Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                        Status -->
                        Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

is it possible to add a feature to resize the iguidance map when you press a button. i want to make a skin with the buttons outside of the map area instead of overlaying and covering parts of the map. is it possible to have a fullscreen button which would hide all of the other buttons and increase the size of the map to fill up the screen?
                          my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                          wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                          company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

You will be able to do this with V3. I'm having to replace TPanel and TmodderBut with my own components to do what I want. I have never written a Delphi component before so it is taking me a while. However, once I am done everything will be faster, use less memory, and be able to do exactly what I want it to (transparent embedding + image-maped skins instead of individual buttons), so this will be good. Give me another week and I should be able to get out a 3.0 with a very basic skin. 3.1 will soon follow with better advanced skinning examples and any bug fixes needed.

Comment

1) OSK
                              2) Larger next turn distance (upper left) and speed/rem display (lower right)
                              3) embedded gps info with transparency (like the other thread)
                              4) ability to overlay route list streched full screen with a 50% tranparency and larger font for directions within route list?

but hell one thing at a time great work so far
                              .______
                              | '_ |__\___
                              [(o)|___(o)] XB
                              ._________
                              | I__I I_I|_\__I
                              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork