REQ: Favorites/POI database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQ: Favorites/POI database

This just hit me today. Why not make SKINbedder keep its own listing of Favorites/POI?

I know iGuidance for example already has this, but we can further expand its feature base by adding Categories and Easily Seperate our true favorites from POI's that are saved in the Favorites list. This would give us much greater options.
    Mark

Car'Puter Project
    - Xenarc 700TSV
    - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
    - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
    - M2-ATX
    - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
    - Garmin 15H GPS
    - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

I'm not sure I totally understand your request, but anyway... I don't plan on doing anything in a way that is geared purly towards iGuidance. In V3, I think you may be able to do what you want by making skins for categories and items, and when you click an item have it send the hot-keys to enter the address you want. Even if I did do something specifically for iGuidance, I think it would have to work the same way (since I would have no way of knowing the order of your favorites in iG's favorites list).

I am investigating the possibility of adding text to buttons through the ini. This way you could easily do what you want without having to edit graphic files.

Comment

If you make a program that uses the yellow pages for the POIs then we would be able to embed it... otherwise it would make Sb bloatware for people who aren't using it with iG.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

0l33l how can you add your own POI in IGuidance?

I though you could only change the graphics of exisiting ones?
        Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
        http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Well, that was my whole point, as far as our capabilities so far, we can't.

What I was suggesting is to write our own POI/Favorites manager that would just send the address/coords when requested instead of using the one provided by iG.
          Mark

Car'Puter Project
          - Xenarc 700TSV
          - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
          - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
          - M2-ATX
          - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
          - Garmin 15H GPS
          - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

A POI database would ahve to be a standalone program. The beauty of Sb is that you'd be able to embed the standalone program and have it do what it wants, and then termiante it. I don't think hacking iG's POI database is worth the time.
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
            X