No announcement yet.

Can Skinbedder resize apps?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Skinbedder resize apps?

Can skinbedder resize apps? I'm trying to embed the PCTEL Wireless client but struggling, hopefully Skinbedder can help if I can work it out.

SKINbedder will stretch any embedded window to whatever size you want. Currently you cannot re-size on-the-fly, but you will be able to in V3. I think 2.999 will do what you want it to though.

IGSkinner V2.9999 should do what you need.

Just start changing the ini settings in the IGuidance.ini file.

It took me a little while to get the hang of it but now I have been able to embedd any program I can think of.

Only problem I have is sometimes when exiting an app the app itself will close but skinbedder will stay open. If you try and close it you get a string of errors and you need to ctrl-alt-del to end the skinbedder task.

My fix was to create an .exe with Autoit that killed the Skinbedder task, problem gone.

Here is a screen shot of a NES Emulator

I can send you the a modded ini or kill.exe file if it helps.
      Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.

12VSystems, Could you download the PCTel Wireless Client from and see if it will embed using your current config?? I've tried skinbedder but am struggling to get it working.

Downloaded PCTEL and took a quick look at it. It wouldn't embedd for me either. I haven't had a chance to take a closer look.

I would wait until V3 is released and try again.
          Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.