Request: SB FAQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: SB FAQ

with all the different versions, and things working differently/setup differenty in each version.
    There needs to be some kind of FAQ, i definately need one.

I have SB setup perfectly for IG but now i want to start to use it to embed other apps and have no clue how to do this. I see that there are multiple folders setup for different apps, but how do i tell skinbedder to do anything?
    I see the main SKINbedder.ini file, but its not real clear as to how to add multiple apps, it just says defaultprogram=iGuidance.

I figured out how to change it from launching IG and launch another app (by changing defaultprogram=X) but how do i get it to launch 2 apps?

sorry if this is explained somewhere, its just too hard (and takes too long) to dig through all these threads trying to find info
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

RPM_VR4 has promised a detailed readme in the next version. v2.9999 doesn't have one because it would be a waste of time as there will be lots of changes. Wait till v3
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

As Ol33l said about the FAQ. We can add a sticky FAQ for V3 once it is out (plus all ini's will have comments and there will be a detailed ReadMe). 2.999 is a beta.

In answer to your question, defaultprogram is the one that will always be launched when you double-click SKINbedder or run the exe without a parameter. If you want it to run a different app, you pass the name of the app as a parameter.

ie: "SKINbedder.exe iGuidance" or "SKINbedder.exe TMO"

Most front-ends don't support adding parameters after the program path/file, but CF for example has a seperate <parameters> line in the XML.

<path>c:\program files\SKINbedder\SKINbedder.exe</path>
      <parameters>iGuidance</parameters>

Comment

Don't promice that v3 won't be a beta
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
          As Ol33l said about the FAQ. We can add a sticky FAQ for V3 once it is out (plus all ini's will have comments and there will be a detailed ReadMe). 2.999 is a beta.

In answer to your question, defaultprogram is the one that will always be launched when you double-click SKINbedder or run the exe without a parameter. If you want it to run a different app, you pass the name of the app as a parameter.

ie: "SKINbedder.exe iGuidance" or "SKINbedder.exe TMO"

Most front-ends don't support adding parameters after the program path/file, but CF for example has a seperate <parameters> line in the XML.

<path>c:\program files\SKINbedder\SKINbedder.exe</path>
          <parameters>iGuidance</parameters>

what about launching 2 apps at the same time ? and embeding them both like in the previous versions where notepad was embeded under IG?
          and what about the the IGZOOM app, how do i get that to work with SB?

thanks
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

You can still embed as many apps as you want in a single Sb window. It doesn't embed "apps" it embeds Windows. In your startup script just Run({app2}) and then Embed({other_window}). You will have to create a sub-dir for {other_window} with the appropriate INI file.

iGZoom will be integrated in 3.1 (maybe 3.0?). For now you can just run it as a seperate app (and you can have Sb run it [and embed it if you like] with the Run() command in the Startup script).

Ol33l: Ok, well if 3.0 is going to be a "beta" then 2.999 was an "alpha"

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
              Ol33l: Ok, well if 3.0 is going to be a "beta" then 2.999 was an "alpha"

The iGZoom support is going to be great! We'll magnify the windows that don't respond well to resizing (route list, favorites, recent, etc)
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

FAQ: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60018

Comment

Working...
                X