Fist screen-shot of V3 with a Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fist screen-shot of V3 with a Skin

Yay... My TSkinLayer component has now been ran for the first time. Still a lot of work to do, but here's a teaser. I doubt it will be ready this week. I have high hopes for next week though.
    Attached Files

How do you do the edges on the diagonal part of those buttons? Is there some alpha blending going on or did you just do the corners very well?
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

No AlphaBlending, it's just what you see with the rest of the graphic in Fuschia.

BTW PURDoom: I tried out iGMod last night to try and get some ideas, but it didn't work for me. It loads ok and the View and Zoom buttons work, but the "Clock" main-menu button does nothing when I click it. I tried downloading it from 2 of the 3 "mirrors" (the 3rd one needed registration or something) and then I even tried the "alpha" version on page 6 and it didn't even show any of the buttons for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
        No AlphaBlending, it's just what you see with the rest of the graphic in Fuschia.

BTW PURDoom: I tried out iGMod last night to try and get some ideas, but it didn't work for me. It loads ok and the View and Zoom buttons work, but the "Clock" main-menu button does nothing when I click it. I tried downloading it from 2 of the 3 "mirrors" (the 3rd one needed registration or something) and then I even tried the "alpha" version on page 6 and it didn't even show any of the buttons for me.
        I would give you support but then we get off threadtopic :P

I havent seen that bug before. For the time being try not having the gps info on when you load iguidance; then it wont embed the gps info. The code to make that behave as a menu icon is very dirty (watching where the mouse is and if the mouse button is clicked) and once I figure out how to hook the messages going to the iguidance image then that should work better.

My goal is to eventually have something that works transparently with centrafuse (as if it was part of centrafuse).

Comment

This my my forum . Go off topic .

When I click the watch icon it does depress, but when I let it go it doesn't do anything (except un-depress). I have not tested it with the GPS Info window open, only with it closed. I do have a ResHacked iGuidance.exe that removed the Menu & Mute buttons (but not the "Menu" white text... is it possible to remove that too?).

Comment

When I click the watch icon it does depress, but when I let it go it doesn't do anything (except un-depress). I have not tested it with the GPS Info window open, only with it closed. I do have a ResHacked iGuidance.exe that removed the Menu & Mute buttons (but not the "Menu" white text... is it possible to remove that too?).
            For the menu text I would imagine you would want to change somewhere in the resource or the hex of iguidance some 4 characters that say Menu to 4 space characters (ascii 32).

The menu button "should" just press the enter key in the same way the zoom + button presses the up key. In alpha 4 there is no difference in the code for menu and zoom+ (except for whats written in the skin ini file) so give that a shot.

Comment

Can't wait!!!!!!!!
              Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
              Status -->
              Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
              BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Great to see you working with purdoom, IGMod is my other favorite program would be cool if you could combine the feature of these two programs.

Did I mention I want to be a beta tester
                Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Its not ALL your forum. But yes, we can go off topic, and the posts will count
                  Originally posted by 12Vsystems
                  Did I mention I want to be a beta tester
                  Everyone is a beta tester
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

RPM_VR4: The edges on those buttons are bery good. Nice and clean When i tried to do the same i still see a sliver of pink...whats the difference with yours?? Any special tech?? You mind posting a couple of those buttons...psd...png...or bmp. Whatever format there in. Or email them to me if ya have the time bro..

[email protected]
                    1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

Comment

Originally posted by m2x0p9x
                      Those are screenshots of a yet unreleased version.
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The "sliver of pink" is because you have non-fuschia colors near the edges. PhotoShop alpha-blends the fuscia background with the edges of the buttons. Just zoom into the edges and make sure you use all fuschia or all {button-color}... don't blend the two.

Note: Attached image is a BMP just renamed to JPG so the board would let me upload it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is there anyway to not have photoshop blend the edges?? When i make my images...it is 2 layers...one layer in the pink and the top layer is the button..so i dont know how photoshop would blend those 2? What photo software are u using?
                          1997 Acura CL (Capacitive Touch, GPS, DVD, HD Radio, Backup Camera)

Comment

I used PhotoShop 7. I don't know much about using PhotoShop though. I opened the PNG's for the brushed metal and brushed aluminum skins. I then selected the parts I wanted with the magic wand tool and then zoomed it and fine-touched it with the rectangle tool. Then I pasted them on to a fuschia background and saved them as BMP. If you see "pink" around the edjes, then the "pink" you are seeing is not the exact same shade of "pink" as the rest of the background. Just zoom way into the edges and use the pencil tool to replace all the "visable pink" with the "invisable pink" color.

Comment

Update:

Progress is going really good on V3. I think I should be able to get a release out by the end of this week. I'm almost done with the new skinning. Then I just have to work out some embedding bugs/smoothness issues, add some simple features (play click sound, partial window name match, etc.), finnish the base iG skin, do some testing with Ol33l's help, and then it will be ready.

What's next: I've already been working a bit on adding Ol33l's zoom component to Sb. I've also been looking at using PNG files rather than BMPs. I am totally excited about PNG because it can do partial-transparancy (alpha-blending) which will allow me to make semi-transparent buttons that look like etched glass overlaid on the map. I think that will look hella sweet. Eventually I would like to do animation so buttons can slide on/off the map and/or have animated icons in the buttons (unfortunatly PNG doesn't support animation like GIF).

Anyway, I expect V3 to need some bugs worked out of it, but its feature set will rock. Hopfully PhotoShop people will be able understand the new skinning format and expand upon my base iG skin to create some really good skins for many different apps. V3.1 will add zoom, maybe PNG, and fix any reported bugs in V3. After that I will be taking a break for a while, but I do plan on slowly continuing work on SKINbedder and will probably make my own front-end out of it in a year or so (I've learned a ton about API and graphics doing Sb, so now I can put that together with my UI-design and database knowledge to make a really powerful music/video/movie/TV player unlike anything currently available).

Comment

Working...
                              X