Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Does the route list need magnification?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Does the route list need magnification?

Imagine this Route Window layout with the white part transparent just like the GPS Info window. Is this good as is, or should it be zoomed to a larger size in a future version? Any other comments on the default skin?
    Attached Files

It should be zoomed in only when it is visible. Otherwise it takes up way too much space.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

My picture above is un-zoomed. I want to make all its white transparent. Then it won't look like it is taking up much space. Plus when there is no route entered, it is all white and therefore fully transparent. You can also toggle it on/off through the right-side's Window menu...

The left-side menu is always the same and the top button tabs-through all of the right-side menus (Bookmarks, Routes, Destinations, Windows, and Options so far).

Bookmarks (above): Favorites / Save Location / POI / Recent Destinations
      Routes: Major/Local/Quickest/Shortest
      Destinations: Address Street/City / Intersection Street/City
      Windows: GPS Info / RouteList / Guidance Mode / Volume
      Options: Route Options / Display Opyions / Speed-Alert / Fog-Driving

Comment

heres a real bad photochop but maybe like this or a little larger would be good
        Attached Files
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

? So you only want the next turn shown. I kinda liked having 5-turns. Once it's transparent I don't think it will be "in-the-way".

Comment

I've only looked at the route list when just to review the path that iGuidance chose (like if there is a street I want to avoid). For info to glance at when I'm driving, I've magnified the distance box on the top left (by the turn picture). To me, that's all I need when I'm driving. I don't think the route list needs to be magnified.

-psyrex
            Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
            Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
            Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
            Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
            ...it never ends

Comment

What if you showed it for a second when you set a new route, then after 5 or 10 seconds it fades out?
              Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Your going crazy PD LOL. I got it transparent, but it doesn't look as good as I thought it would:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
                  heres a real bad photochop but maybe like this or a little larger would be good
                  Next turn would be on the street at the top, and the direction of the arrow, making the box unnecessary
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Perhaps the ability to show it like you had it in the first mock up, with a button, and it auto fades after 20 seconds or something. SOMETIMES, I like to see a list of where I will be turning. Espcecially when I am driving through really tight streets with lots of turn. But, leaving it on all the time I think is just too much.

Or perhaps, since the next turn arrow and street name will be up top, the ability to toggle on the second street name, with auto fade, would be good.

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Do you guys usually have a destination entered? I usually just use my GPS as a map for short-cuts and freeway ramps. I usually don't enter a destination unless I am going to some place for the first time ever (which is rare). The voice gets annoying and it usually doesn't take the exact route I do which is also a bit annoying (I like to play-it-by-ear in response to traffic).

With the transparent one there, if you do not have a destination then it will be all-white and therefore all-transparent. You can toggle it on/off manually using the skin-buttons, plus if you have no destination it is automatically "off".

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                        Do you guys usually have a destination entered? I usually just use my GPS as a map for short-cuts and freeway ramps. I usually don't enter a destination unless I am going to some place for the first time ever (which is rare). The voice gets annoying and it usually doesn't take the exact route I do which is also a bit annoying (I like to play-it-by-ear in response to traffic).

With the transparent one there, if you do not have a destination then it will be all-white and therefore all-transparent. You can toggle it on/off manually using the skin-buttons, plus if you have no destination it is automatically "off".
                        I usually drive with a destination set and the sound off. Except when going to work or school. But I do go to alot of places ive never been before.
                        Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

I think it should be magnified.
                          mp3car infill g4

Comment

Looking sweet.

Magnifcation always helps.

It makes mine look bigger
                            Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                            http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

I'm having some trouble with re-sizing the form and positioning layered windows in CF . It looks damn pretty when run by itself though:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X