New iGuidance SKIN!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New iGuidance SKIN!!!

Ok, after using JIT's "Big-Button" modification, the need to embed every iG window is greatly reduced. I have just created a stripped down iG SKIN for use with JIT's Big-Button patched EXE.

I would still like to do a full skin for iG with everything embedded, alpha-blends working properly, and iGZoom integrated. This is a long way away though. For now, I think this works pretty damn well.
    Attached Files

More Screen-Shots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.

I've meant to say this earlier, but good work on Sb v3 preview 2. I like it alot and am integrating it into my system. When I finish my skin for iG, I'll post it.

-psyrex
      Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
      Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
      Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
      Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
      ...it never ends

Comment

Awesome. Please do. The ultimate iG skin would definatly be to do everything with reshacker that you can, and do the stuff you can't using SKINbedder or iGMod.

BTW: This skin doesn't work very well with CF1.6 because of the focus issue. The older iG SKIN does work with CF1.6 fairly well because it embeds all sub-windows to the main-app. CF only switches to main if it detects a sub-window having focus. Since the old SKIN embedded all sub-windows, CF switched back to main a lot less often. This SKIN will be awesome with 1.7 though.

Comment

RPM where can I find the JIT's "Big-Button"? I searched but it only brought me to this post.

PROGRESS 95%[//////////]Complete - Software configurations
          Current Task: Just adding on...
          Needed:wireless keyboard/mouse
          My Carputer Blog
          Car System Site

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61226
            Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Thanks guys I stumbled on it too and it turned out I already had it!!

My Carputer Blog
              Car System Site

Comment

RPM - does the skinbedder OSK work with IG?
                [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
                [iGmon]
                Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

?

There is no "SKINbedder OSK". You can make an OSK with Sb and I have done so only for the older iG SKIN (so yes, the older iG SKIN has a custom OSK). This new iG skin is only one set of buttons.

It is hard to make an Sb SKIN with a different botton set for each sub-window, because the sub-windows can change or be closed in responce to button presses on the sub-window and keyboard commands. This gets Sb lost because it only knows when you click one if its buttons. This is why the old iG SKIN is "buggy".

Until I have time to do some more development on SbV3 final, Sb really only works perfect if you just have one button overlay set and you use non-alphablended PNGs.

The "Sb-OSK" as you put it is only capable of sending keys to a specific embedded window. It is not like the Windows OSK that automatically sends the keys to which ever window had focus before you touched the Windows OSK (see, when you click an Sb button, Sb takes focus away from the embedded app, which is why the first line of any button command needs to be focus([window-name]) and then you can type or send keys)

Comment

Which skin have you guys been able to use with this. I can run SkinBedder by itself and it works but some skins do not work like Xeon, LSX etc. Just wondering if it is working with some known skins and how you were able to get it to work. I can get the layout to show in some but IG itself doesn't wrap with the BBiG.

My Carputer Blog
                    Car System Site

Comment

Sorry civ, I have little to no experiance with RR. Hopfully someone else will chime in.

Comment

A new version has been posted that uses the "nowarning" command line parameter via auto-it script instead of embedding the nag and sending it enter.

Comment

Nevermind!

My Carputer Blog
                          Car System Site

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                            Awesome. Please do. The ultimate iG skin would definatly be to do everything with reshacker that you can, and do the stuff you can't using SKINbedder or iGMod.

BTW: This skin doesn't work very well with CF1.6 because of the focus issue. The older iG SKIN does work with CF1.6 fairly well because it embeds all sub-windows to the main-app. CF only switches to main if it detects a sub-window having focus. Since the old SKIN embedded all sub-windows, CF switched back to main a lot less often. This SKIN will be awesome with 1.7 though.
                            uh, wherte can I get this "older" skin? I am using 1.6,. and I am going out of my mind with the constant focus change and stuff. I have a big road rally race coming up in just three weeks, and I am depending on this gps software to get us there.
                            www.baberally.com
                            .______
                            / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
                            \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
                            Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
                            www.summitadventuresystems.com

Comment

Download SbV3 - Preview 1. It comes with the original iG skin. Preview 2 came with a GooPs skin instead. I never posted the original iG skin as a thread in the skins forum because it still needs a lot of work.

You still get focus changes with the older skin as well, just not as much in my experiance. Although, sometimes I can use the new one without focus changes as well now??? Anyway, the only solution to your problem is to not use CF 1.6.

Comment

Working...
                              X