X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELEASE: iGuidance 3.0 UMPC Skin

UPDATE: Please Re-Download RAR for New version
    3 updated screen-shots as well.

I put better looking zoom buttons back where they belong and covered the existing zoom with LEFT-ARROW, RIGHT-ARROW buttons which allows you to easily switch through all of the Info Popups and Guidance/Map Modes. Then I added "Enter Destination", "Cancel Route", "North/Heading" and "2D/3D" on the bottom.

Plus it uses the "nowarning" parameter and crops off that gray box after embed.
    Attached Files

Wow, good job!!!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Thanks :P Strictly screen capture, cropping, and variations in PhotoShop.

Since I hope you are going to do a full ResHack version with your skin, I decided to stick with the default iG3 theme for my SKINbedder only mod. It works awesome on my P1510D Tablet PC after changing the size to 1024x570 (keeping the start bar on the bottom 30 pixels). I will put it in the car soon.

I decided I wanted the zoom in/out swapped. If you want that too, download this updated iG3\iGMap\Bottom.ini (as a .txt so MP3Car would allow upload).
      Attached Files

Comment

One more screen-shot now that I have my VR4 picture ResHacked in

This is how it runs on my P1510D Tablet PC at 1024x600 on a 8.9" wide-screen.
        Attached Files

Comment

RPM, a small suggestion. You should have a "toggle" button/command that hides/unhides all the extra Skinbedder buttons (except the toggle button itself, of course). I'm sure some people like me like to keep their map nice and clean and only want to see these buttons when needed. (That's what I did with iGMon.)
          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

iGLaunch had that too. I never cared for it personally. It is easy to do with SKINbedder though... just have a button script HideSkin() onButtonDown and LoadSkin() onButtonUp.

Actually, this is made up of 5 "skin layers", so...

Code:
            [{new ini file}]
            ButtonUpImage={new image PNG}
            Action={new button}

[{new button}]
            OnButtonDown=HideSkin(iGMap:Left),HideSkin(iGMap:Right),HideSkin(iGMap:BotLeft),HideSkin(iGMap:BotRight),HideSkin(iGMap:Bottom)
            OnButtonUp=LoadSkin(iGMap:Left),LoadSkin(iGMap:Right),LoadSkin(iGMap:BotLeft),LoadSkin(iGMap:BotRight),LoadSkin(iGMap:Bottom)
            The just add LoadSkin(iGMap:{new ini file}) to your startup= line in iG3.ini

Comment

RPM, thank you for the skinbedder for 3.0 I don't know much about skin bedder, I've never used it before. Do I embed it just like I would an external APP? Sorry I don't know much about it

I've been using this iGLaunch 3.5

Does skinbedder allow my GPS to reconnect after hibernation? Is there something I need to do to set the commport?

Comment

RPM, thanks. I'll try that.
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed
                  RPM, thank you for the skinbedder for 3.0 I don't know much about skin bedder, I've never used it before. Do I embed it just like I would an external APP? Sorry I don't know much about it

I've been using this iGLaunch 3.5

Does skinbedder allow my GPS to reconnect after hibernation? Is there something I need to do to set the commport?
                  ...answered in PM. Up shot: Yes you embed it. I have never had the GPS problem.

Here is some "GPS reconnect" from an old iG 2.x skin:

Code:
                  [Scripts]
                  ;This will happen BEFORE hibernation
                  Hibernate=Focus(iGMap),Send(Alt-T),Send(Up),Send(Up),Send(Right),Send(Down),Send(Right),Send(Down),Send(Enter)

;This will happen after resuming from hibernation
                  Resume=Focus(iGMap),Send(Alt-T),Send(Up),Send(Up),Send(Right),Send(Down),Send(Right),Send(Enter)
                  That changes to COM2 on hibernation and changes to COM1 on resume.

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                    RPM, thanks. I'll try that.
                    Did you get it to work? I just gave it a shot and got a funky error message when I added the loadskin command to my ig3.ini.

nm...got it working
                    CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                    Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                    DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                    OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                    Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                    500+ full albums
                    4,000+ video games
                    music videos, movies, & more!
                    old carPC

Comment

Thanks for the nice skin, RPM.

I have no previous experience with SKINbedder so am trying to muddle my way through making the skin work with the CFX skin in RR. I've been able to get it to successfully embed by changing the form positions in iG3.ini. The only issue I'm having is that SKINbedder doesn't close when I exit RR so I have to go in and manually close it in order for the nav screen to disappear. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get SKINbedder to close with RR. Sorry if this is a noob question.

b8bboi, I like your idea of the hideable buttons. That was a nice feature of IGMon.

Comment

Nevermind my previous question about closing Skinbedder on RR exit. I set it up in my car and it's a non-issue.

For me, it looks like IG3 with RPM's skin and b8bboi's IGmon is the final nav solution. Everything works beautifully together. The only additional features that could possibly improve the current setup is hideable buttons on RPM's skin and a functional next turn box in IGMon.

For anyone who's interested here are the form position settings I used in IG3.ini in RPM's skin to get IG3 to properly embed in b8bboi's blue 800x600 CFX skin:

;This is the initail position of the form.
                        Top=90
                        Left=141

;This is the initial "usable" Width & Height of the form.
                        ClientWidth=650
                        ClientHeight=420

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed

I haven't had any trouble with GPS connect after hibernation while using this skin without special settings.

Comment

My skin has hideable buttons.

Get it here.

Any tips for using SB/iG3 with iGMon? Is there anything I need to disable?
                            CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                            Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                            DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                            OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                            Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                            500+ full albums
                            4,000+ video games
                            music videos, movies, & more!
                            old carPC

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
                              My skin has hideable buttons.

Looks good. I'll check it out.

Originally posted by ITL
                              Any tips for using SB/iG3 with iGMon? Is there anything I need to disable?
                              I disabled everything in IGMon.ini except auto switching to GPS screen, which is the IGMon feature that I really wanted. I also manually removed the couple of buttons that IGMon creates. If you're using SKINbedder, you need to make sure to change the IGuidance window name to "SKINbedder - iGuidance" in IGMon.ini. Other than those changes, I didn't do anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X