PREVIEW: iGuidance 3 skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PREVIEW: iGuidance 3 skin

see post #29 for latest file and screenshots.

ITLs Skinbedder3 skin for iGuidance3.
    Current version: ITLv4.0
    CarPC #3: 99% Complete
    Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
    DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
    OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
    Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
    500+ full albums
    4,000+ video games
    music videos, movies, & more!
    old carPC

v2 added...first post updated.
    500+ full albums
    4,000+ video games
    old carPC

Comment

v2.1 added...
      ITLv2.1 consolidates the four hidden buttons to make the file size smaller and put 4 ini files into 1.
      500+ full albums
      4,000+ video games
      old carPC

Comment

? Are you sure you want 4 ini files into 1?

I use 5 ini's in my skin so I know the buttons will always be the spaced correctly from the proper edge no matter what the window is resized to. The left and right side buttons are vertically centered and always on the edge, the zoom buttons are horizontally centered the proper distance from the bottom, and the other buttons are always the same distance from the lower left & right corners.

You can do it how you like, I just wanted to make sure you understand how the boarder left/right/top/bottom variables work.

Comment

It works just fine. They are "anchored" from the bottom left, so to speak. I changed the res for the skin and it looks okay.

What I meant was that I have 4 hideable buttons in the bottom left corner (think BotLeft.ini) from your skin. I wanted to make them ALL hideable, but had a separate .ini and separate .png file for each button. You can see them load one at a time, and in the order they are defined. By putting all four in one .png file, I can use one .ini file and load them at once: less code, smaller filesize, cleaner/quicker skin loading.

I made my buttons half the size of the originals. I like to maximize screen space for navigation. If anyone would like larger buttons, let me know. I run 800x600 so the current skin works well for me. Anyone runnig anything larger might fat-finger the buttons
          500+ full albums
          4,000+ video games
          old carPC

Comment

Nice skin, ITL. Here's what I'm getting, though. Things aren't lining up properly on the bottom. No sure, but this may be the issue RPM was describing above.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kbreeden
              Nice skin, ITL. Here's what I'm getting, though. Things aren't lining up properly on the bottom. No sure, but this may be the issue RPM was describing above.
              Your bottom is cut off...look at your mph. If you fix the embedding of iG, the buttons should line up.
              500+ full albums
              4,000+ video games
              old carPC

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
                Your bottom is cut off...look at your mph. If you fix the embedding of iG, the buttons should line up.
                What file is this exactly?? I'm having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
                  I thought I did embed properly. Is there something else I need to do besides adjusting the form size and position in ig3.ini? I tried reducing the client height but that didn't fix the problem (see attached). The same thing also happens even when I open SKINbedder outside of RR. This issue did not occur with RPM's skin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kbreeden
                    I thought I did embed properly. Is there something else I need to do besides adjusting the form size and position in ig3.ini? I tried reducing the client height but that didn't fix the problem (see attached). The same thing also happens even when I open SKINbedder outside of RR. This issue did not occur with RPM's skin.
                    I have this same problem, but I did this to fix it:

1. Go to \SKINbedder\iG3\iGMap
                    2. Open iGMap.ini
                    3. Find the code "NudgeDown=20"
                    4. Change the value to fit your screen. I changed mine to '2' and it fits perfectly, both running SKINbedder outside RR and inside RR.

Comment

Originally posted by kjones2k1

2. Open iGMap.ini
                      4. Change the value to fit your screen. I changed mine to '2' and it fits perfectly, both running SKINbedder outside RR and inside RR.
                      I changed mine to 2 also and it works great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
                        It works just fine. They are "anchored" from the bottom left, so to speak. I changed the res for the skin and it looks okay.
                        It looks to me like you should have 2 inis. One ancored to the bottom left and one ancored to the bottom right. That way if the horizontal res is change, both buttons will still lineup with the correct edge of the screen.

The way it is now, if someone used it in CF which has full 800 horizontal res, the two buttons on the right side would be closer to the middle of the map and not against the side any more.

EDIT: Wait a minuite... your screen-shots have full 800 res too. I don't understand how that is possible with one PNG pair and one INI? Did the CFX skin people have to edit the PNG? EDIT2: Nevermind, I see you do have lots of inis. You just consolidated some of them into one, not all of them in to one. Nothing to see here... move along.

Comment

Originally posted by kjones2k1

2. Open iGMap.ini
                          awesome, I completely forgot about the nudge value. I did remember having this problem before, but forgot how I fixed it. Thank you!

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                          Nevermind, I see you do have lots of inis. You just consolidated some of them into one, not all of them in to one. Nothing to see here... move along.

Yes, only the hidden buttons were consolidated. I actually need to revise the skin. On my 800x600 res, when I use the left and right arrows, the right arrow becomes hidden and unusable. I may move it either to the left edge or over to the right somewhere. Expect another version this week.

Also, would anyone care for larger buttons? This works fine for me, as I was trying to maximize the real estate for the map...I'd be glad to create another skin with larger buttons if anyone would use it...

The only issue I have seen, and its cosmetic, not a bug, is that when you drag the map, the iG menu button drops down creating two menu buttons. Not really a problem, but the duplication kinda bugs me. Check it out and let me know if you have any ideas...
                          500+ full albums
                          4,000+ video games
                          old carPC

Comment

My skin doesn't work well on a 800x480 screen and the UMPC version. I think I may do what JIT did and make a skin for the non-UMPC version. UMPC works great on my 8.9" Tablet PC at 1024x600, but it is a little too big for 7" if you ask me.

Comment

Is anyone having a problem with GPS receiver reconnecting after hibernation? Mine does not connect after hibernation. Is there some coding I need to put into the IG.ini file? I'm using a BU-353 and iGuidance 3.0.

Comment

Working...
                              X