Treo 700wx DUN Crap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treo 700wx DUN Crap?

I have set up DUN through my alltel 700wx and it works great for a few minutes and drops out and is difficult to re-establish a connection. My pc is a p3 dell running xp and it's connected through USB. It seems to work better when the car is stationary. I would like to know if anyone else has had good luck with theirs or any ideas on what is going on with mine. Also, If theres a better way to get internet for cheap (the teathering service is only 10.00 a month) I would be open to other alternatives. Thanks!

Just wanted to answer my own quesiton in case somebody else runs into this. Turn off active sync on the pc and location on the phone. It still drops out ocasionally but is way better. Now, if I could just get it to connect to the internet through bluetooth......

Comment

Originally posted by g35mike View Post
      Just wanted to answer my own quesiton in case somebody else runs into this. Turn off active sync on the pc and location on the phone. It still drops out ocasionally but is way better. Now, if I could just get it to connect to the internet through bluetooth......
      You should be able to get the phone to connect to DUN over bluetooth but it will most likely be slower than the tethered connection. The max speed for BT is somewhere around 130kbps
      ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
      X