Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

internet off iPhone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • internet off iPhone

    Has anyone had any luck tethering their iPhone in order to use edge on their carpc?
    I have seen posts about it but I have never been able to connect my iphone to the adhoc network. It doesn't even show up as a wireless network on the iphone but it does show up on my laptop.
    I am using XP. I go into wireless networks and add a new network and check the adhoc network box.
    I don't know what else I am supposed to do.
    My BMW E46 carpc
    My iGuidance 4 skin
    FS transflective 2008 lilliput

  • #2
    Did you jailbreak it yet? Install the proxy application?
    Failure is not an option....



    It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BarryWoods View Post
      Did you jailbreak it yet? Install the proxy application?
      Will proxy application work with T-zones?

      What is the name of the proxy you're using?

      Comment


      • #4
        if you have it unlocked and have the installer apllication installed go to the tweaks 1.1.3 catagory and install the T-mobile 1.1.3 tzones proxy hack this will allow you to have full internet(minus you tube and itunes store) on your phone. im also looking into having the iphone run as a internet modem.

        Comment


        • #5
          Got it working. I couldn't connect to the adhoc network unless I signed my laptop off my wifi first.
          Then I had to change the proxy port to 8080 not 1080 like the docs say.
          I now have very slow internet in the car!
          My BMW E46 carpc
          My iGuidance 4 skin
          FS transflective 2008 lilliput

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kelmk View Post
            Got it working. I couldn't connect to the adhoc network unless I signed my laptop off my wifi first.
            Then I had to change the proxy port to 8080 not 1080 like the docs say.
            I now have very slow internet in the car!
            Slow internet is better than no internet. Sometimes...
            Failure is not an option....



            It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

            Comment


            • #7
              what tutorial did you use does it work for pc or just mac?

              Comment


              • #8
                That's pretty great. If I can see this in action in a video or illustrated tutorial I may get an iPhone. Overall cheaper than getting a separate 50 buck a month Verizon connection...
                2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

                Planning:
                [----------] 100%
                Purchasing:
                [----------] 90%
                Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
                [----------] 90%

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/tether-your-iphone

                  Here is the link that'll explain it, except instead of port 1080 you use 8080 it has windows and mac files so make sure which one you get. plus i think there is a video of someone doing it with a mac laptop

                  oops looks like the tethering kit they provide dont work with the new software iphones when you jailbreak/unlock you phone youll have a installer app on your iphone screen use it and update if it asks to. then go to the network catagory and install a prog called tinyproxy. after that follow the tutorial again except dont use the tether package they have, just from setting up the adhoc network

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Xargon321 View Post
                    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/tether-your-iphone

                    Here is the link that'll explain it, except instead of port 1080 you use 8080 it has windows and mac files so make sure which one you get. plus i think there is a video of someone doing it with a mac laptop

                    oops looks like the tethering kit they provide dont work with the new software iphones when you jailbreak/unlock you phone youll have a installer app on your iphone screen use it and update if it asks to. then go to the network catagory and install a prog called tinyproxy. after that follow the tutorial again except dont use the tether package they have, just from setting up the adhoc network
                    Sweet gonna give this a try when I get home tonight. Have you tried this with any of the RR Skins? Does gas prices, weather, lotto, traffice, etc work too?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum...ible-6905.html

                      was gonna answer you in the dfx3 thread, but thought I would look in the right section first to make sure you didn't post here too......

                      Probably the same exact steps as above though.....I didn't read either one, so I don't know

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by galvitron View Post
                        That's pretty great. If I can see this in action in a video or illustrated tutorial I may get an iPhone. Overall cheaper than getting a separate 50 buck a month Verizon connection...
                        I know this is a old thread, but screw the iPhone, all it is, is a fashion phone, kinda like the Razr was. If I were you wait for the Samsung Instinct. Its going to be on the Sprint network (EVDO Rev A), looks just like the iPhone, same screen, more features, costs less money (below $300.00) and has to have the Simply Everything package, which is $99.00 amonth which includes unlimited talk, unlimited internet, unlimited GPS and so much more. If I wasnt a Windows PPC fan, I would get this phone, but i love my Mogul to much, especially since they upgraded the Mogul to finally use the built in GPS and run on the EVDO Rev A network.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                        1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [media]http://plig.org/things/pictures/tn/hijack.med.jpg[/media]
                          My BMW E46 carpc
                          My iGuidance 4 skin
                          FS transflective 2008 lilliput

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Haha^^^

                            Does that new sprint phone act as a modem? I think that is what this thread is about... I could be wrong though
                            2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

                            Planning:
                            [----------] 100%
                            Purchasing:
                            [----------] 90%
                            Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
                            [----------] 90%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by galvitron View Post
                              Haha^^^

                              Does that new sprint phone act as a modem? I think that is what this thread is about... I could be wrong though
                              LMAO.... Im, sure you can use PAM on it.
                              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

                              1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                              1x Win 7 PC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X