wireless antena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless antena

im looking for a omni directional wireless antenna that i can plug into my wireless card and then wrap it around a box so that i get a good signal no matter where in relation to the box i am.

i want it to be between a 15 and 18 Db antenna if there is one and 2 feet long.

is there such a thing.

or is there a really small pad like 3"x3" that has an omni directional signal that i can have a wire go from the card to the wireless antenna pad.

and is there a way to hook 2 of them up to one port on a wireless card.

Originally posted by endobro View Post
    im looking for a omni directional wireless antenna that i can plug into my wireless card and then wrap it around a box so that i get a good signal no matter where in relation to the box i am.

i want it to be between a 15 and 18 Db antenna if there is one and 2 feet long.

is there such a thing.

or is there a really small pad like 3"x3" that has an omni directional signal that i can have a wire go from the card to the wireless antenna pad.

and is there a way to hook 2 of them up to one port on a wireless card.

Microwave antennas are nothing like radio antennas. You can't "wrap" them around computers. Most wifi cards have two antenna ports though. So you're half way there.
    Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryWoods View Post
      Microwave antennas are nothing like radio antennas. You can't "wrap" them around computers. Most wifi cards have two antenna ports though. So you're half way there.
      so what is out there that is a 18 dbi omni directional antenna. do you have any suggestions.

Comment

so what is out there that is a 18 dbi omni directional antenna. do you have any suggestions.
        Do you know how big that is going to be? A true 15dBi omni is about 70 inches long! Why do you need such a high gain antenna anyway? A 7dBi antenna should get you connected out to around 200 feet if it's an open air environment(like a driveway or parking lot).

Comment

Originally posted by BarryWoods View Post
          Do you know how big that is going to be? A true 15dBi omni is about 70 inches long! Why do you need such a high gain antenna anyway? A 7dBi antenna should get you connected out to around 200 feet if it's an open air environment(like a driveway or parking lot).
          i want to try for 600 feet away. but an antenna that long will not work. it would have to be under 18"

Comment

i want to try for 600 feet away. but an antenna that long will not work. it would have to be under 18"
            It's only going to be around 7 dBi then. That should work, as long as you have a good line of sight.

www.fab-corp.com is where I get most of my wifi stuff. www.netgate.com is a good source too.

Comment

Working...
            X