Unlimited 3g for 40 dollars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited 3g for 40 dollars

Hey guys, I just wanted to show you all this new service that I haven't seen anyone mention yet on this forum. Take it for what you will. There is apparently 'no contract'.

http://thedatajack.com/index.html
    Scion Tc 2005 RS 1.0
    Planning 50%
    Building 0%

That looks interesting. It costs about the same as it would cost for me to add a datacard to my current phone plan, but it would be great for people with pay-as-you-go phones.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

I think Hijack has had that service in his signature for a while now.

Comment

Not the greatest coverage though. Still waiting on these internet providers to get down tot the $20 mark. For now I tether a Boost phone. Slow, but gets the job done.
        New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
        New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
        "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Also try clicking on the buy button, seems to host some type of virus according to avast.

Comment

if there was a $20 a month option to permanently tie my carpc into the 3g internet, i would do it. $40 is too much for a little convenience though, my tethered phone works good enough. good for those who arent grandfathered into a plan though, because if you can run skype on it there isnt much reason to have actual talk minutes..

come to think of it, sprint does offer me to add a phone for $10 a month to share minutes, i might just go that route if they still do that...

Comment

I pay unlimited 3G on AT&T for $15.00 (media net unlimited). You can do that (or $30 for unlimited data & Messaging) as long you don't have a "pda" phone.
              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

RipplingHurst. I'm using AT&Ts Media Net Unlimited with my phone as well. I'm looking into adding a second line for my carPC as a dedicated line. The cheapest they have offered me for the second line is $60 a month for 5Gb max... They won't offer the Media Net Unlimited to use on a 3G wireless usb dongle.

I may end up trying the Data Jack. I'm trying to find a contact phone number or email address I can call them on to ask about more-detailed coverage areas.

Comment

Originally posted by eigenVector View Post
                  RipplingHurst. I'm using AT&Ts Media Net Unlimited with my phone as well. I'm looking into adding a second line for my carPC as a dedicated line. The cheapest they have offered me for the second line is $60 a month for 5Gb max... They won't offer the Media Net Unlimited to use on a 3G wireless usb dongle.

I may end up trying the Data Jack. I'm trying to find a contact phone number or email address I can call them on to ask about more-detailed coverage areas.
                  I had a Sony Erricson Att&T and was able to tether it. Dont tell them your tethering because they willtell you that you need a special data plan. You dont though.
                  I tethered my phone that had unlimited media net and it worked great. No extra billing..

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
                    I had a Sony Erricson Att&T and was able to tether it. Dont tell them your tethering because they willtell you that you need a special data plan. You dont though.
                    I tethered my phone that had unlimited media net and it worked great. No extra billing..
                    Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by eigenVector View Post

I'm on the family plan unlimited (I think it's $50.00 + 7.99 any line), so my extra phone for the car goes for 7.99 (+15.00 data).

I'm not sure how to get this to the wireless usb dongle. Does it have a smart card? Or a way to transfer a (15.00 data plan activated) line to it?

Comment

Working...
                      X