Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueSoleil bluetooth not turning back on after sleep/standby

Hey guys,

I've started putting my computer to sleep instead of shutting it down when I'm done with it and all is well but my bluetooth is giving me ulcer! When it wakes up from sleep mode, the bluetooth dongle is flashing but the bluesoleil icon in the taskbar says that bluetooth is not turned on. If I put the computer to sleep and wake it right away (or wait 1 min) the bluetooth is on, it's just after 1hr + that the bluetooth turns on. I've tried all the power options I can think of. Any suggestions would be nice!

Win XP SP3, Centrafuse 3, Cirago Bluetooth dongle, BlueSoleil 6.4.275.0

Thanks!

- Tim
    Love

have you tried the latest version (6.4.299.0)? I use standby/hibernate every day and haven't had any problems.
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

Will the latest version work with CF3?
      Love

Comment

Originally posted by rEegLer View Post
        Will the latest version work with CF3?
        Yessir, using it myself in CF3 with sleep. There have been issues with people using the dongle on a powered hub where power from the hub isn't cut when the computer sleeps...

Comment

Mine is straight on the mobo. It's really strange, I've tried switching ports and same thing. I did do an nLite version of Windows... I may have taken something out I should have (that has already happened with a few other things).

Thanks
          Love

Comment

Sorry for a stupid question but do you have to uninstall the previous version? When I run the installer it's asking me if I want to uninstall/remove 6.4.499.0 when it is clearly not installed.
            Love

Comment

yes you need to uninstall then install new version

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
              VoomPC 2

Comment

I use the latest BT stack on CF3 and it still does it for me. I use XPort to reset the driver on resume. So far, I have had no problems.
                After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
                New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

I have dabbled with XPort but didn't get very far. I will try that tomorrow.
                  Love

Comment

try recreating the problem without nlite. if it doesn't exhibit this prob on a vanilla XP install then you know it's something you removed, otherwise it's gotta be a hardware problem (either your mobo usb or BT dongle).

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                    VoomPC 2

Comment

I'm probably going to create an image and backup some key files and then wipe it and install just plain ol' XP. I partitioned my SSD into two partitions, one more media and one for OS and the OS partition is only ~4GB which after all updates and useless programs might not be enough. I guess I can always wipe the entire drive and make the OS part bigger.

I put it to sleep overnight and turned it on this morning and it worked fine... didn't do anything... Yesterday I took it out of sleep, it seemed to be fine, minimized CF3 and saw the bluetooth icon go from blue to gray. So I might try xport and see how that works.

Thanks
                      Love

Comment

Working...
                      X