Wireless Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Internet

Hello everyone, new member here. Been browsing the forums for a while. Im just putting together my first carputer and Im just wondering what the best way to get wireless internet is. What kind of Hardware is required.

BTW I have a Nokia 8390, would it be possible to connect to an ISP through it

Comment

There have been many threads started on this exact subject. Try searching for WIRELESS INTERNET.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

dont bother. i just posted a new thread
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...657#post156657
        Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
        Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

I did some research on past posts. Im still a little confused. From what I understand, all I need is the USB cable to hook to my phone, and hopefully my pc will read the phone as a modem and be able dial out to an ISP. Im trying to find out if my Nokia 8390 can act as a modem.

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,930,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by churnopol
            dont bother.[/url]
            Don't bother searching???

I hope that isn't what you ment. There's more already posted about this than any thread right now...
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

What your talking about is the Sprint access method. I have Sprint with unlimited Vision (internet access). I got the usb cable, installed the dialer and voila! High speed wireless internet access.

Comment

Yeah Im looking for something like that, I need to find out if my phone can do it. Also would this be the right USB wire
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

I would ask the seller if that cable requires you to remove the cover or batery to use it. My son bought one, not for your model but the cable looks very similar, and you had to remove the batery then put the cable on and replace the batery at an angle and hold it to get it to work.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

I sent him an e-mail. Does anyone know if I can use the Nokia 8390 as a modem? I need to know desperately

Comment

YES you can. You need an IrDA receiver. MA620 works great. http://www.ma620.com/ The 8390 has an IrDA port on the side. Once the software is installed, activate the IR port on the phone and align it to the MA620. The PC will automatically find the Nokia 8390 as a wireless modem. You have to activate the data service for your cell plan. As I recall 8390 is a Cingular phone. Their Data plan is 3.99 a month and it uses your minutes. You can then use it to dail your own ISP. Last I check the connection speed is 9.6k I dont know if it's faster now. I doubt it. I uses to use the Nokia 8390 as my internet connection. It was too slow and counts against my minutes so I changed to Sprint Vision plan.
                      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

the 8390 is also an AT&T Wireless phone...
                        Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

Working...
                        X