use carpc as a bluetooth headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use carpc as a bluetooth headset

i was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to use a pc with a bluetooth dongle as a 'virtual' headset for a bluetooth phone......

if this is possible it would be much easier than installing a dedicated hadsfree kit..

well i will tell u this
    i was messing with my se t616 and a call came in while it was sync with my comp on a program and i could hear my gf perfectly over the music thru my speakers but i did not have a mic in at the moment, but if i did it could have worked.
    Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

I have heard some bluetooth dongles support using the pc as a head set and some don't. If anyone knows more about this it would be a great help.

What bluetooth hardware are you using street knight?
      Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Comment

dominic: Which bluetooth phone do you have? The t616 can do it, but the Nokia 3650 can't
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

i have a linksys usb dongle and it supports an audio gateway for bluetooth. i got mine from dell for like $34.

Comment

got belkins dongle for 34 bucks with a 100meter range
            Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

in theory you could have a bluetooth dongle for phonebook use and so on, and then buy a bluetooth headest and hack it open and plumb it into the appropriate audio sockets for a conventional headset, the phone then communicates with the pc using the bluetooth dongle, then the audio is via the phones headset, just wire the answer button on the headset to a dash switch that mutes the other audio as you answer it
              Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                dominic: Which bluetooth phone do you have? The t616 can do it, but the Nokia 3650 can't
                i've got a nokia n-gage at the moment, which is allmost the same as a 3650

Comment

I heard, that it depends on the phone if it can be remoted-controlled from a bluetooth device. It has to have a spezial profile for bluetooth remote controlling. Some of the new nokia support this and the new siemens, I don't know if others do. Nokia has a bluetooth device for cars with a display but it supports only nokia.

Comment

Yes, there it is
                    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,48031,00.html

Comment

i got a bluetooth dongle and a nockia 6310i
                      and in bluetooth neighbourhood, it says voice gateway, and that uses the pc as a headset.

Comment

Originally posted by mutilator
                        i got a bluetooth dongle and a nockia 6310i
                        and in bluetooth neighbourhood, it says voice gateway, and that uses the pc as a headset.
                        this sounds promising, ill have to try it when i can next find my bluetooth dongle!!!

thanks

Comment

The Radio Shack Centrios USB Dongle supports using your PC as a Headset. Works fine, with my hacked H2200 iPaq
                          Murano Sat Radio...

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                            That's a damn shame! From what I hear, it only supports the Handsfree profile, which there is NO software for out there (from what I have found). If we could just find some software for the Handsfree profile, we'd be in business!

Cheers,

Taytay

Comment

look for zooro's phonecontrol here in the forum its working great with most bluetooth mobiles

Comment

Working...
                              X