Looking for an external antenna for my DWL 520+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an external antenna for my DWL 520+

Anyone know where I can get a cheap external (for carputer use) antenna for my D-Link DWL 520+ pci card ?

Thanks

Theres a guy here in San Antonio that sells them on ebay for about 20.00 shipped. What kind of end do you need? He might be able to tell you if you write to him. Here's a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44996

I'm not affiliated with this guy in any way....I was just looking for an antenna and his ad came up.
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

see this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22814

Comment

Thinkiing about this 7db gain one for my D-Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3084904871
        7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
        ATVMS.com

Comment

I did order one of these magnetic mount antenneas.
          But i am not sure if i am getting the riite connector becuase I ordered a R-SMA and my pci card is using a RP-SMA.

Is RP-SMA the same as R-SMA ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokia6600
            I did order one of these magnetic mount antenneas.
            But i am not sure if i am getting the riite connector becuase I ordered a R-SMA and my pci card is using a RP-SMA.

Is RP-SMA the same as R-SMA ?
            they should be both reverse polarity SMA. same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by welthqa
              they should be both reverse polarity SMA. same thing.
              Thanks mate Then its all okay.

Anyone here us those magnetic mounts antennas here ? It is safe to drive around with that thing on the roof ?

How is the signal quality with this antenna?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokia6600
                Thanks mate Then its all okay.

Anyone here us those magnetic mounts antennas here ? It is safe to drive around with that thing on the roof ?

How is the signal quality with this antenna?
                i use the 5.5dB mag mount, it hold on pretty well. i cover about 700-800 miles a week on pretty much all types of road and in any weather. its still going strong.

Comment

any pace that sells antenx products they make a 2.4 and 5 gig mobile antenna for wifi

call Electrocomm west in van nuys california thats where I got mine

Comment

why not make your own. just do a google on diy 2.4ghz antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by -B-e-N-
                      why not make your own. just do a google on diy 2.4ghz antenna.
                      in the uk it works out about the same to build the antenna or buy it. if you buy it you stand a better chance of it been tuned properly and the cable connection been solid. not every one has an SWR meter to check their build.

Comment

Working...
                      X