WOO HOO!!! Netstumbler 0.4 is out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOO HOO!!! Netstumbler 0.4 is out!!!

and, according to the compatibility list for version 0.4, "On Windows XP, most 802.11b, 802.11a, and 802.11g adapters should work. They may also work on Windows 2000 with recent drivers installed," except for Symbol and 3Com devices.

I can now stop saying that you're card is unsupported (provided you dont have a Symbol or 3Com card), and people can stop arguing with me when I tell them that just because their card works for them doesnt mean its gonna work for anyone else.

go to www.netstumbler.com to get the new version
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Originally posted by wizardPC
    and, according to the compatibility list for version 0.4, "On Windows XP, most 802.11b, 802.11a, and 802.11g adapters should work. They may also work on Windows 2000 with recent drivers installed," except for Symbol and 3Com devices.

I can now stop saying that you're card is unsupported (provided you dont have a Symbol or 3Com card), and people can stop arguing with me when I tell them that just because their card works for them doesnt mean its gonna work for anyone else.

go to www.netstumbler.com to get the new version
    Netstumbler, Frodoplayer.....not going to get much done today!
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

will it support the USB Netgear? (the little penknife sized one)
      VIA EPIA 533 MHz
      256 MB RAM
      7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen
      20 gig HD
      Media Engine 2.1.4
      GPS - Earthmate/SA2004
      802.11b Connectivity

Comment

Thank you wizard! There is a god! Ooh ooh, it works with the DWL-G120.

Comment

Under XP Netstumbler has supported every card I've ever thrown at it...?
          Anyways, thanks for the update. DLing now.
          Aura MR62 (F and R)
          My Current MP3s
          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Card? It's USB! It works with USB nics.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
              Card? It's USB! It works with USB nics.
              Sorry. Should have quoted wizard PC as that is who my reply was aimed at.
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Another very cool thing, NetStumbler now supports the old serial Earthmates that use the frustrating Rockwell binary protocol! I know a lot of us have those lying around, might be time to pull 'em out of storage.
                Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                http://hallert.net/

Comment

Werd time to test it out on my new rig

Comment

Yes! Awesome!

Comment

Nice little script there that Marius has wrote - opens MapPoint and then plots yourself and any WiFi spots found and reads out their name.

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=10364
                      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

out of curiosity, if youre not using this with something like mappoint, what exactly does netstumbler do for you that the built in xp wireless drivers dont? as it is, i drive around and whenever i pass a WLAN, XP pops up a "connected to wireless network" message.

Comment

Originally posted by robr
                          out of curiosity, if youre not using this with something like mappoint, what exactly does netstumbler do for you that the built in xp wireless drivers dont? as it is, i drive around and whenever i pass a WLAN, XP pops up a "connected to wireless network" message.

netstumbler gives you an AWESOME GUI to work with. It displays all the info about an access point, signal strength graphs, built in sounds for audio alerts, can give you a list of all access points found during a period of time, and quick glance access point info.
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

I read a FAQ at NetStumbler but still unclear on it usage. So I just ask here for a summary of it usage.
                            I have a Netgear USB MA101 802.11B that has driver and a Wireless Configuration Utility. Can I use NetStumbler instead of NetGear's Wireless configuration Utility?
                            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

For you MapPoint users, make sure you get stumbverter
                              http://www.sonar-security.com/sv.html
                              2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                              AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                              OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Working...
                              X