Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is verizon rolling out wireless broadband in LA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is verizon rolling out wireless broadband in LA?

i googled a little news, but all i could determine was that verizon is happy with demand in san diego and DC and will be offering "everywhere" by the end of the year. Anyone know any specifics? I think $80/month is a steal.

er...ask somebody at the verizon store?

what do you mean when you say broadband? 1.5mbps? or 144kbps?
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by btown
      I think $80/month is a steal.
      You mean highway robbery.

Just connect cell phone to car puter. I get 144-206KBPS on my cell phone through Express Network, and it just uses my minutes (Doesn't really matter on N/W because of Unlimited)

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

I work for a Verizon wireless retailer in LA. So far what I've heard is this summer.

as for the price being a steal...even though it is much faster, all competing cell carriers have their unlimited data plans at around $30.

Much faster? yes.
        Better coverage? yes.
        $50 better? Not in my eyes.

Comment

made you just need more money
          2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

yes..I don't think the price is competitive.
            yes..I don't think its worth the extra $50
            yes..I would get it in a heartbeat if the ball and chain didn't have a say in me spending an extra $80 a month.

Comment

I'm just getting it for the wow factor, "i have broadband on my laptop." It will be cool to sit in sociology class and watch TV or bust out studies to back up everything i say too. totally worth 1k/year. I also want to know about upstream speeds and ping times.

Comment

I don't really know the actual speeds, just the hype. Your best bet is for someone reading this forum to respond who actually has it in san diego or dc. It should be the same.

As for our existing express network, it is already a lot faster than the competition.

Comment

I'd love to get it, but $80/month is too high (they should at least bundle it with cell service or something). At that price the only people who will get it are those who need it for work. At $50/month those who don't need it but want it will start to bite, at $30/month every person who owns a notebook will sign up.

Note that Nextel is also rolling out a wireless service: http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17694

With luck these two services will meet head on soon and the result will be prices we can afford
                  -Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by btown
                    I'm just getting it for the wow factor, "i have broadband on my laptop." It will be cool to sit in sociology class and watch TV or bust out studies to back up everything i say too. totally worth 1k/year. I also want to know about upstream speeds and ping times.
                    Don't need to pay 1k/year for it when I'm in class, my school has FREE wifi access all over campus (even in the parking lot). They use AG routers so any wifi card works.

Peace,

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

My problem with Verizon is that they know they are the best and think they can do what they want. Like I said before, I sell their service. I have sold many other services too, and I think they are the best.

But everyone else is cheaper than them. And they don't care.

Its like a bully in elementary school. "i'm bigger and better than you, so I can do whatever I want"

Comment

Yes, I am a cellular consultant for Campuz Mobile (Campuz.com). I use Verizon personally, and I hate it (Still under contract, arrrrrgh). When I am helping someone choose a provider, I try to steer them away from VZW and Cingular. Go for T-mobile.

Peace,

Rafster
                        Post # 3000

Comment

rafster,

I didnt say I hate Verizon. I would never switch from them. I just think they could be cheaper.

As for t-mobile, I have one too, n-gage, and the reception is horrible in LA, and the gprs internet is very slow, but cheap. I would steer customers to cingular before I sent them to t-mobile.

btw, I checked out campuz. nice setup. Do you guys get a lot of activations?

Comment

I have cingular (locked in contract still)

They are alright.... definitly better than T Mobile but not as cheap.

So the moral of the story is that you get what you pay for.
                            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by mbaratta
                              rafster,

I didnt say I hate Verizon. I would never switch from them. I just think they could be cheaper.

As for t-mobile, I have one too, n-gage, and the reception is horrible in LA, and the gprs internet is very slow, but cheap. I would steer customers to cingular before I sent them to t-mobile.

btw, I checked out campuz. nice setup. Do you guys get a lot of activations?
                              Mbaratta,

Yeah, I know that you didn't say that you hate Verizon. I just can't stand them. Ever since they switched from Airtouch, they don't give a **** about their customers. All they care about is how many customers they have. Verizon sucks down here in the Chula Vista area. T-mobile does a little better than Cingular here also. Even though they use the same antenas, T-mobile uses the lower frequencies, so the ophones grab the signal better.

Yeah, we get about 2.5 activations/day. We also get paid one of the highest commision rates in the US.

The company is actually owned by one of the richest men in Europe. His name is Lars Molen. He's a really cool guy.

Peace,

Rafster
                              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                              X