Wireless Internet Service... Nextel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Internet Service... Nextel?

I've been searching around for awhile during my planning for my carputer. I want to have wireless internet access available to me... not that I see a need for big, fast downloads... maybe just access to the CDDB when I decide to "borrow" a CD and want to rip it with all track information... you know, simple things like that. Anyway, I found the link below in another thread talking about Nextel's Broadband service that is being tested or something. If I could somehow make internet connection through my Nextel phone just using minutes, I'd be VERY happy... I don't really care about the lightening speed... I have an UNLIMITED rate plan and so MINUTES aren't a concern.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17694

Sooooo... how can I connect with my nextel phone WITHOUT paying for Packetstream Gold or other plans. Now, IF I could get broadband type speeds in my car and ALSO move whatever modem (PCMCIA card or something) to my home PC, I would happily pay the extra money for that type of service... ok... I'll keep looking but if you have input... well... PLEASE lemme know.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)
    Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Am I the only one who hates to see pics in the signiture.

I don't know how you managed it but I thought images in signatures wasn't aloud. And personly they just clutter things up
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

please take the image out of your signature.. they give me headaches.. there is nothing worse then scrolling through a thread that is all images on people's sigs.

Thanks

EDIT: Opps.. i don't think that was a image in his signature.. my bad
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

Originally posted by coachreed
        I've been searching around for awhile during my planning for my carputer. I want to have wireless internet access available to me... not that I see a need for big, fast downloads... maybe just access to the CDDB when I decide to "borrow" a CD and want to rip it with all track information... you know, simple things like that. Anyway, I found the link below in another thread talking about Nextel's Broadband service that is being tested or something. If I could somehow make internet connection through my Nextel phone just using minutes, I'd be VERY happy... I don't really care about the lightening speed... I have an UNLIMITED rate plan and so MINUTES aren't a concern.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17694

Sooooo... how can I connect with my nextel phone WITHOUT paying for Packetstream Gold or other plans. Now, IF I could get broadband type speeds in my car and ALSO move whatever modem (PCMCIA card or something) to my home PC, I would happily pay the extra money for that type of service... ok... I'll keep looking but if you have input... well... PLEASE lemme know.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)
        Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
        Click Image to Visit My Website!
        Hey,

A good place to look would be
        CellPhoneHacks

I found a lot of good stuff there.

Hope it helps,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

I don't think so either. I he had a prewritten signiture that he manually cpoied and pasted into each new message becasue it is in amm of his posts
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

First off... whooops... sorry guys... bad habit from some of the boards I visit on a regular basis... I'll try to refrain from hitting my hotkeys... but please be patient... it is a HUGE habit... it actually takes a LOT of thought to NOT hit Alt+S at the end of a post. Please forgive me.

As for the last post... I'll go check out the link. Thanks for the suggestion. Thanks.

Coach!
            Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

Working...
            X