X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is your Wifi Antenna?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

This is the Wifi antenna I have.
    I havent used it while driving yet, due due my damn POS lilliput TS going out, but was wondering if anyone is using it, does it work well?

Also, what antenna are you using, and how are the results?
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

i have the 7db version of that. It's quite good.
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

How is it mounted? Is magnetic as it says??
      But the cable is visible outside the car, right??

Comment

I have that exact antenna. I cover a lot miles, don't drive slow and don't take it in at night. its still going strong. its never shifted while i've been driving and does a decent job of getting the signal outside the car. works nicely for war driving (is a little less conspicuous than the 7db version, but there really isn't much in it) as an added bunus it frequently out performs my housemates more expensive antenna (http://www.fab-corp.com/minimag.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by darkhalo
          If you broke your lilli thats because your a dumbass and you weren't handleing it correctly. i broke one but i learned my ******* lesson. Lillis still look ten times better then xenark and they are cheaper tooo.
          you sir, are a dip ****.

Comment

Did I miss something??
            Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
            GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Originally posted by Rundell
              Did I miss something??
              I guess the post was removed.

Comment

I'm using a USB senao card at this very moment, picking up a singal from an AP over 100 yards away with a 53% link quality. It is made by http://www.engeniustech.com/ (will not load in mozilla firefox)
                A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
                http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

I currently have a Netgear 802.11g PCI card in the pc in the rear hatch of my car and my signal strength isn't the best....

If I got this antenna, should I see a major difference in reception even with the antenna mounted inside the car? (I dont want anything on the outside of the car)
                  Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

this antenna makes a workd of difference from the crappy one supplied with the card, i've had mine for 3 months now.
                    I went from 1 AP at 20% to 4 AP from 30% - 50% i recommend it

Comment

I have an antenna that looks identical to that one, but with nothing to compare it to i would have to say that it is the best i've ever used.
                      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

i have the same antenna mentioned in the first post, used for my Orinoco pcmcia->pci card. I was instantly amazed at the range, and the antenna is small, and has not moved at all since i installed. This is my first time wardriving and it exceeded my expectation and i would pay much more than $13 for the antenna. I was also sceptical at first but its worth it by far!
                        2004 F-150
                        Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                        "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

I am sold but how the heck do I connect it the network card. What network cards are you guys using and how are you connecting the antenas to it.

I am looking at getting some USB network card possibly the orinico (IF they will come out with a G) BTW Does any one know of a USB wireless netowork card that supports G
                          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Im using a PCI Wi-Fi 802.11b card. I just unscrewed the one that came with it and replaced it with this one, I dont think it works w/ PCMCIA cards unless it has a connection for an external antenna.
                            2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                            AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                            OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

yeah ive just purchases a USB dongle type wireless card. No connection for external antenna. Thought of running a USB cable up to the top corner of the windscreen and mounting the wireless dongle in the top corner. That way i will at least get SOME good signal *sigh*
                              http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...ct/View/XH4268
                              Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                              Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                              ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                              Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                              Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                              600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

Working...
                              X