Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my 802.11 connection to do this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my 802.11 connection to do this?

Hey,
    heres what I have : Windows XP, Netgear WG311 wireless card, netstumbler, and a dial up connection through my cell phone (bluetooth)

How can I set up the system to automatically use the wi-fi connection if there is a network available?

I can be in an area where there is a fairly good network connection and my carputer will automatically dial the cell connection.
    I tried changing the settings in Internet Explorer to use a Dial-Up only when a network is not present.... but still it dials!

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Nothing? No ideas??
    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

Originally posted by kiztope
      Nothing? No ideas??
      Well, are you actually connected to the 'fairly good network connection' ?
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I think service pack 2 has tweaks to setup something like that, i know you can set the preference to what network it logs on to but but on my girlfriend's computer it tries to dial constantly even when she is already online. I have no idea how to kill it short of uninstalling MSN explorer (her mother would kill me if i did)

Comment

Service Pack 2 RC2 for XP does a nice job of this. It lists all of the connections in a box and you can tweak them like mentioned above. I have mine set to connect to any avalable network, but then again I don't have dial up. If you need Screen shots of SP2 and its settings let me know.
          CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
          Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

oh please do i haven't got to mess with SP2 yet but my buddy just got it

Comment

Ok, 1 minute... (capturing) got to go into the car, capture them, and then send them to myself thru my neighbors wireless connection HaHa

Will just post them here, hopefully in a nice format.

Comment

ugh, i hate windows zero wireless config. stick with your manufacturer's drivers.
                "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

Doh, Sorry this is taking so long. My device drivers for my network adapter don't work like they should. Trying to resolve the problem,
                  take a look at my other pls post reply if you think you can help.
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...076#post229076

Have got screen shots, just waiting on getting them up on here.

my ap is down at the moment, and I am going on holiday very soon so won't get the screen shots up for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X