Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netgear MA 101 USB

Hello,
    I have just recently aquired a netgear MA101 wireless USB adapter. The first time I installed it was in the car, and i was driving so my friend was doing what I told him to (loading driver) and he clicked on the wrong one. now, whenever I plug it up it doesn't work, just gives me the yellow (!) but, if I reinstall about 50 times it works with the updated drivers, but as soon as I restart / unplug the device it no longer works and goes back to the (!) i have tried reinstalling many times uninstalling repairing with the old and updated drivers, I am now trying to completely uninstall everything.
    Any one have any idea's to get it working?
    I know that the device isn't bad because when the driver is installed and working it works great!

Please, any ideas will help!
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

loading the wrong driver on a netgear will render it useless, get a new one

*edit* let me rephrase that.... on most netgear (wired) network cards loading the worng driver will render it useless (at least in my experience with the 311/411 cards and some older ones) not sure if that applies to all of them maybe its just screwy my Dlink sometimes has a mind of its own

Comment

Maybe if I reformat It will fix the problem?

Comment

Some drivers will copy newer firmware to the device. It probably is "fried" in a sense unless it can be undone.

Comment

Well, I just configured a different USB port (i only have 2 1 front and 1 back) and it worked with the newer driver. So, i am out of ideas now

Comment

Found out what the problem was, it didn't like my hub works fine in the regular port. Any one have a resolution to this problem? I need more then 2 USB ports for my carputer!

Comment

Working...
            X