Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible to auto sync car with home via 802.11?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible to auto sync car with home via 802.11?

Is is possible to setup my carputer's 802.11g connection to automatically synchronise with specific folders on my home computer when the 2 networks connect? For example, when I pull into my garage?

I can think of 30 differant ways to do this with a *nix system but not a single way using windows.
    Anyone know of an rsync type program for windows?

Comment

Originally posted by brandon
      I can think of 30 differant ways to do this with a *nix system but not a single way using windows.
      Anyone know of an rsync type program for windows?
      http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php...position=23:23
      Nobody liked my monkey :(

Comment

Linky. I have this set up on my CarPC to check my home PC every 5 mins, so at most it will have to wait 5 mins before trying to sync

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
          Linky. I have this set up on my CarPC to check my home PC every 5 mins, so at most it will have to wait 5 mins before trying to sync

Garry
          Seems like it will get the job done. Downloading now. That site has got some decent looking software. Also grabbing the Directory Printer. Will probably do a better job than me using a DOS command line to make a text file to print...

Derek
          Progress [||-------]
          View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
          Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by Confused

Garry
            Wicked. Thanks

Comment

Nice find. I've needed something like this for so long.

Comment

She Sounds Hot!!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files
                1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

You can check out the offline files feature of windows xp pro, if you are using that os. I have also used a program in the past called syncra file, but it looks like the developer isn't around any more, though you can download the shareware version....

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

lol notice on the about karen section its in 3rd person although im sure she made the site?

Karen has written for Windows Magazine and Winmag.com, for almost a decade. Her free Power Tools newsletter has over 50,000 subscribers, and is growing by 100 new subscribers every day. She also writes custom programs, and develops web sites.

You can reach Karen via e-mail at [email protected].

Note: Karen receives over a thousand e-mails each week, so she can't promise to personally reply to each one. But she does read each message she receives, and replies to as many as possible
                    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

i use robocopy.exe and a couple of batch files, one to sync house to car and one to sync car to house depending on which side i've been making changes.

Comment

I use Windows XP Synchronization software...
                        A little hard to setup, but worth it once completed
                        mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
                        Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

first off my note about xp - http://wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63705,00.html

you could always write a program youtrself to do it at startup, or you could script it many ways. either way just setup a ftp server on your main puter, or a http server, whatever floats your boat, then script it to auto download. i am writeing software now that will eb able to do this automatically.
                          Crouching Tiger, Drunken Kitty

Comment

Working...
                          X