hows that?

You're an idiot.

Comment

You're still an idiot. Stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalerion
        You're an idiot.
        X2
        The Ultimate CBCC?? (Clean Black Car Club)

Click here for the Truth

Comment

Seriously? If you're willing to pay for it, its entirely possible, I read an article a few months back about 2 guys in two cars running a mobile wireless network where they shared internet access from one's cell. You'd need the serial (or whatever interface you use) adapter for the cell, to figure out the settings in windows like internet sharing(I assume you use windows...), accept the pathetic speed at which you'd surf the internet, and be willing to pay your monster cell bill if you wanted this setup for more than a month.

Oh yeah:
          PS, you're an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by msb5150
            Oh yeah:
            PS, you're an idiot
            Hahahaha
            Best noob evar
            Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

hmm, seems like part of this thread is missing. And in response to msb5150, I use a bluetooth phone with free wap from t-mo and my pda connects to the internet through that. Its just a matter of settings to get it working in my carpc. Never tried networking two cars.

- Cobelli

Comment

hmm now isnt that interesting. a constructive post.

Comment

Part of the post is obviously not here but I'm guessing your trying to network 2 car pc's through 802.11b wireless from different cars? If you use linksys for your networks then you could use these high antenna gains
                  http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=38&prid=643

Comment

i was thinking more of broadcasting my lan, with a cellphone
                    also have you even heard anything about the pvc antane extenders for the linksys wirelss hubs?

Comment

PVC antenna extender? What does it do? just extends your current antenna? It wouldnt increase the antennas transmitting/receiving power. Only a conductor can do that and last time I checked PVC isnt a conductor

As for broadcasting your LAN using a mobile phone (cell), id say even if you did figure out a way to do it, it would be a slow and cumbersome setup hardly worth investing any time into. Wait half a year or so for wireless broadband to get cheaper then set up a VPN.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
                      DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
                      Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
                      XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
                      Car PC v3 - 2008
                      XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

I think he means the PVC-surrounded indoor/outdoor 8-9db gain antennas... Linksys makes them, as do several other companies.
                        2003 Toyota Camry V6
                        Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

Comment

ah ok. thats sounds better

btw. to all of you having a go at Roger Wilco, leave the kid alone. We were all noobs at a point and I know ive asked my fair share of stupid questions also. Have a little patience with people just starting off and show a little respect. Calling someone an idiot just cuz he doesnt know about something as much as you isnt exactly helping anyone, and we are all here to help eachother.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
                          DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
                          Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
                          XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
                          Car PC v3 - 2008
                          XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

Working...
                          X