Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Connection PCI card

Hey,
    I have a Netgear WG311T (got it for free) and it doesn't work with windows networking. I installed the latest drivers and firmware for router... still no luck. I can ping each machine by its netbios name or by its IP. I can get on the www but I can't download large files with it. Or access any network resource.
    I think its because it is a 108Mbps wireless card and it does not set its speed correctly, that is the only thing I can come up with. Unless there are some protocols / services that I do not know how to install. All I know is that I have all the computers set the same and none of them have the same problem as this one... I have tried a diffferent wireless card it works fine

Is there any thing else I should check before returning this card and buying a new one?

Yes, ICF in XP was disabled and my other firewall was properly configured.
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

are you using service pack 2? i got the same response from my d-link card its pretty much useless for SP2 but works in SP1 and lower

Comment

Yes, was using SP2 but also had the same problem with service pack 1. Going to try it in another computer today.
      CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
      Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Working...
      X