does it reconnect when i return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does it reconnect when i return?

I'm still in the early stages of setting up my carputer and am thinking of setting a wireless network up for ripping music to the carputer. What I would like to know is what happens when I drive off from home and the network is out of range will it confuse the poor carputer? and when I return will it be able to find the network again?

Paul

Originally posted by Paul C
    I'm still in the early stages of setting up my carputer and am thinking of setting a wireless network up for ripping music to the carputer. What I would like to know is what happens when I drive off from home and the network is out of range will it confuse the poor carputer? and when I return will it be able to find the network again?

Paul

It wont confuse the carputer, only thing that happens is that you will be disconnected, and when you arrive within the range of the WAN it will automatically reconnect again.

Comment

Thats great thanks for the reply I was just worried that every time it was out of range it would start throwing silly errors at me

Comment

If you use Windows XP it will popup a little yellow ballon down by your system tray saying you are connected/disconnected. It won't popup in front of everything usually and you don't have to click ok or anything to get rid of it.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Working...
        X