ULTIMATE and TRUE Wireless Internet Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULTIMATE and TRUE Wireless Internet Connection

So, pardon my bragging, but I just have to do it. I have spent ALL day trying to get my phone to bluetoothly connect to my computer. I had soo many problems. I had to flash my phone w/ new firmware, and then figure out how to connect my phone to the bluetooth adapter. This took the WHOLE day to figure out, but I finally did. Now, I have wireless internet when I walk into the car, w/o plugging it in to the data cable, and I have it so that when my phone rings, it will automatically go through the computer and through the speaker system to the microphone I have in my lining. I'm really glad, and can't wait to try it out!!

yeah, bluetooth can be a pain to setup, buts it so cool when it works.!

Comment

What service are you using? How is the speed?
      Glad to hear you got it working, it is one of the things on my list!
      Planar 12.1TS
      Xenarc 700TS
      Xenarc MP-SC8 Mini P4 Aluminum Car PC
      Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX
      2.8 Celeron D
      512 PC2700
      Dual Odyssey 1200s for Power

Comment

What speed connection? I tested with the mobile speed test on www.dslreports.com and get only 20kbit/s.
        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

I use the Verizon 1x national access network with mine, it gets 115K , usually tests at dslreports at around 75K. When verizon EVDO is available in your area, just forget about all your other internet connections. It'll be a 500-700K broadband connection anywhere. I can't wait for it to be opened up everywhere.
          Dave

Comment

@KingsDude: what phone and BT are you using, would you mind sharing with us the experience, i.e what did you do.

Comment

Well first off, I'd just like to thank big cali dave for inspiring me to do this. Without his first post, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish any of this. I just wanted to take it to a new level.

kingtut: I am using Verizon Wireless 1x service, and as far as I'm concerned, its not that bad, but its better than nothing! I have the Motorola V710, and as far as I know, its the only phone w/ Bluetooth on Verizon. I bought a cheap generic USB Bluetooth adapter, and I installed MPT 3.07. Then, download the update to 3.19E via the Live Update on MPT. Then, go to the Bluetooth connection, and select the V710m (not the V710 - it changes everything), and itll automatically connect to your phone via Bluetooth. It works really well, and you can transfer rings, wallpapers, mp3s, etc. If anyone else needs help, I'd be glad.

Thanks again for all your help!! I can't wait to put this bad boy in my car and test it!!

Comment

I'm very interested in how you got the computer to field the phone calls. I have a USB array microphone I was thinking of trying to use with my car computer.

Is MPT the bluetooth stack/software? As far as I'm aware the MS blue tooth stack doesn't support audio so I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get the phone to talk to the PC for the purposes of phone calls.

Can you get phone calls whilst connected wirelessly to the Internet? I have T-zones working on my T-mobile phone at $4.99 a month to give me a whopping 20kbit/s (but unlimited) transfer rate. Unfortunately I can't receive phone calls whilst doing that so that really negates most of the point.

Comment

@KingsDude: First off, thanks for thorough response.

I thought Verizon disabled some of the BT profiles so that users are forced to subscribe to some on-line service for pic download and also users are forced to buy an additional cable/cd to be able to sync with the PC. Did they upgrade the firmware. Please let me know since I am a verizon subscriber and like this feature.
                  Thanks.

Comment

i have a moto v600 with t-mobile, but i could never get the phone to accept the carputer microphone as the input during a call

also, if i had the wireless internet connected, when i try to use the speakers as a headset, it said 'bluetooth already in use"

same thing with phonecontrol & internet (or headset)

Comment

I also have the Moto V600 and have tried everything I can think of and searched and searched and searched and followed Zorro's instructions for PhoneControl and still haven't got it working. I did however connect to my PC and use it as a headset. The only thing I can't do is actually use my touchscreen to dial phone calls.....someone will figure out some software that works flawlessly soon I hope.

One question though can you make the phone pair up automatically when your CarPC starts? Or do you have to go to the phone and make connection manually everytime?

Comment

Well, I got my USB serial cable to tether my phone to my PC and saw a couple of improvements:
                        1. I now get 38kbit/sec instead of 20kbit/s
                        2. I can now receive calls whilst connected to the internet via GPRS.

The latter is a big win. So now I need to work out how to use the PC's microphone and speakers to make phone calls and I'm largely set when I finally have my PC ready to go into the car. Tethered is not ideal - I'd rather have it all just work off bluetooth but I can make a phone stand with the serial cable embedded in it - using it like that won't be much of a hardship as long as I can get it to use the PC's microphone/speakers...

Comment

Working...
                        X