Found a NEW/IMPROVED way to Internet via VERIZON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a NEW/IMPROVED way to Internet via VERIZON

This works for pretty much anyone who has a USB cable and is A LOT easier than anything I've ever done before.

I have the V710, so I'm having a lot of trouble connecting my phone to the computer via Bluetooth. So I search for a better solution and stumble upon this. This is the Verizon Dialer, that is a tiny program that displays signal strength AND battery meter. It also has connections already enabled so all you do is click and connect, no typing, nothing!!

Try it out, give feedback!!

Got this setup and it worked perfectly with my T720. If you are on verizon download this! Its the mobile office software. Makes life soo much easier.

Comment

All you have to do with the cable is create a dialup internet connection. It takes like 30 seconds. And you don't have to install the vzw software. Whats so much better about this??

Also, with your v710, you CAN connect it as a modem by bluetooth. check out hofo for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by big_cali_dave
        All you have to do with the cable is create a dialup internet connection. It takes like 30 seconds. And you don't have to install the vzw software. Whats so much better about this??

Also, with your v710, you CAN connect it as a modem by bluetooth. check out hofo for more details.
        for those that dont know, hofo = howardforums.com
        great resource for everything cellular

steve
        steven n

95 Saturn SC1
        Alpine 9831 + Blaupunkt SR04
        Stereo Integrity 327 Comps + MTX 4244
        Resonant Engineering XXX 18 D2 + Elemental Designs Nine.1 + 7.5ft^3 tuned to ~29Hz

Carputer Progress: Rethinking, box has consumed my trunk

Comment

anyone try this with a samsung a530

Comment

Yeah, but this program is actualyl easier to use because there is nothing required on the phone or on the computer itself. It's automatically set up with a couple of connections, and displays signal strength, and battery life. GREAT PROGRAM!

Comment

In the time you have put the cd in the computer and installed it, or downloaded the program, everyone else had the dial up connected. Personally I don't want something displaying stuff.

Oh well, I'm not gonna argue about nothing.
              D

Comment

Meh dialup internet via a mobile phone is pretty slow still

i'd prefer to sit outside somebodys house and use my USB wireless device to just link up to their open network.. lol.
                CAR INFO HERE
                "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Sweet, I'm going to try this out!

Comment

My "dial up" internet is usually at 115K, and with EVDO, verizons new service, it'll be around 600-800kbps.. Thats not slow. Its so much harder to find a good place to get a solid connection than it is to connect to my phone.

Comment

cough.. 14.5mb download... hmmn... is it free?
                      [....99.9%]
                      [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                      [....99.8%]
                      [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                      [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Originally posted by illwill
                        anyone try this with a samsung a530
                        I'm using this solution, but i got this piece pf software with the data cable that i got. It works well. connects at 230kbps, downloads 10-15KB/s And i have an A530S. Since i have this, my weekend and night minutes went up the roof. so far in 2 weeks its about 2300 minutes. Now this is my main internet connection.

Comment

no actually this software is not free. you are supposed to buy it in verizons mobile office kit. there is actually a legal way to do this, through hyperterminal and you just need the right commands to initialize.
                          Carputer HIFI car stereo project!
                          [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]
                          95% COMPLETE! FINALIZING SOFTWARE PLATFORM!

[XXXXXX--------------]
                          30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

I set up teh program and it keeps giving me a wrong username and pass error. I have nationwide and had access to the 115k but now it is not working. Called Verizon today and they told me that you have to pay for everything except qnc 14.4k. Anybody having a problem connecting to anything other than QNC?

-EDIT - just starting sifting through Howard Forums and Verizon has started cracking down on ppl using the 1xRTT without buying a data plan. The QNC is still free (and slow) though.
                            Pioneer DEH7600MP, Autotek MX-800.4, JL Audio XR650-CSi, Adire Audio Shiva

Done with CarPCs, using a iPaq 3765 PDA w/ Holux GM210 and TomTom

Comment

black: no way!! are you serious? Is there any way around it? I don't want to have to resort using QNC!! Find a solution.. How much are the data plans anyways??

Comment

Working...
                              X