OMG Get a wifi amplifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Get a wifi amplifier

I just got my 1 Watt amp installed, gotta tell you, the thing rules. 5 distant aps popped up, the one I've been using got a 25+ dB signal improvement on my same antenna... WOW thats all I can say. Worth every penny. This isn't a for sale post, just a reccomendation. I'm using a hyperlink 1 watt amp.

That said, I've got one for sale in the for sale section.

Dave

Where can u get them?
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I have one left for sale, or they are available at www.hyperlinktech.com or www.fab-corp.com. Get the most powerful one you can buy, it's worth it for the range you get.

Dave

Comment

A little much for me!
        2.4 celeron
        150 watt OPUS
        micro atx
        xp pro
        tv/radio tuner card
        audigy
        Dual monitor Radeon
        802.11G Mimo
        xm pcr
        dvd
        gps
        8" Lilliput touch screen
        IGuidance
        dual optimas
        battery isolator
        15" screen
        My Truck

Comment

WOW $175 D*mn. Ill use my phone for $175. No thanks

Comment

Better Prices
            -------------------------
            carputer: in progress
            Laptop install

Comment

Originally posted by bd3521
              Be careful with cheap amps though, some of them only amplify the outgoing singnal which won't help you at all if the incoming one isn't amplified as well
              Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

so dont feel like reading how long is the range?

Comment

There isn't much available for less than $200. And I've used my phone for a long time as a connection, but for the connection I get now with the 1 watt amp, it's pointless. I can pretty much get signal anywhere! I'm still waiting for EVDO to be available in my area, then I'll have the mobile broadband and be able to drive with a connection, but I'm still gonna keep the wifi, Can't beat 3 mb cable.

With how much everything else I'm putting in the truck cost, this is one of the best purchases i've made. Range is still unknown, I'm trying to figure out my antenna solution for mobile use.

Dave

Comment

I think $200 is cheap. Its easy to say yeah that alot of money. But no one realizes that is takes alot to make 1 watt @2.4ghz. Hell you could get 50-100 watts on a vhf/uhf radio for $200. Its not easy making 1 watt on 2.4ghz cheap.

Using your phone to connected to the internet costs money. Money you will never get back. My cellphone bill is $40 a month $480/year? So ($200 a one time fee) sounds pretty dam good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by big_cali_dave
                      I have one left for sale, or they are available at www.hyperlinktech.com or www.fab-corp.com. Get the most powerful one you can buy, it's worth it for the range you get.

Dave
                      Which one did you get? Because the ones I looked at hyperlink dont say they come with pre-amps. There just straight out amps.

Comment

how far is the range?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster
                          Money you will never get back. My cellphone bill is $40 a month $480/year? So ($200 a one time fee) sounds pretty dam good to me!
                          Not if I use my phone to talk to people on, then I have a phone bill either way
                          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                            Not if I use my phone to talk to people on, then I have a phone bill either way
                            But your still ****ing money away. I think having a 1 watt amp as a back up would be a nobrainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster
                              But your still ****ing money away. I think having a 1 watt amp as a back up would be a nobrainer.
                              I dunno man. I can get connectivity just about anywhere, and if not, I've got the trusty phone handy. My phone gets anywhere from 120k to 200k connection. Almost as good as the cheap DSL. And it doesn't cost me extra, just goes against the 2500 daytime minutes I got. I have unlimited Night/Weekends starting at 7 pm. I think that's the way to go. And my phone is Bluetooth, so I don't even have to get it out of my pocket to connect.

EDIT: And to make it better, I'm in the freakin' middle of nowhere New Mexico man! I really can't believe how many open wireless networks are around here...
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X