WhoHoo!!! NEW ANTENNAS INSTALLED!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhoHoo!!! NEW ANTENNAS INSTALLED!!

Hi! I got my 3 antennas installed tonight! Here are a few pix. Sorry about the quality, but it's raining and dark put. Tomorrow I will see what happens on getting new pix. What do you think?

Antenna1: 802.11 WiFi
    Antenna2: 800MHz Motorola Spectra
    Antenna3: 450MHz Icom Dual Bander (Temp 800MHz Antenna on it though)
    Antenna4: Tiny XMD antenna (cant really see)

Click To See Pix

Nice, I assume those are all NMO mounts...

800MHz Moto Spectra... looks like someone is listning to local police force I got myself a few of those. If you want to get some smaller antennas AntennaPlus has a great line of Millennium antennas here http://www.antennaplus.com/. I'm not sure of the quality for transmitting, but for receiving they work great.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Comment

Excellent, a fellow porcupine vehicle I've got to get some pictures of my car up. I've got two on the roof and two glassmount, and will be putting two on the trunk (but removing one of the glassmount antennas).
      System status: in progress

Comment

I am stoked for you although they are kinda obtrusive (they are much better than the 15' whip antennas I see around).

On my setup i will be going with maybe a couple combo antenna's
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Actually those two silver antennas will be replaced, the middle one with a mini black one like the front one, and the last one will be a stright one about a foot tall and black - with no coil... -BW

Creoden: Yeah those are what the local cruisers have - I'm not sure if you saw my other thread about choosing a low profile antenna (I used these as an example)... Yeah I need to get them to look as inconspicous as possible yet still be functional.

Comment

Check out the low-profile 800MHz antennas from Radiall/Larsen: http://www.radialllarsen.com/products_mobile_7.htm They've also got some 440 ones too, I believe.
            System status: in progress

Comment

Cool stuff - I'll have to keep them in mind when I go to buy one.

Comment

you should just move the front antenna and get yourself a mobile directv antenna
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

I also have the computer pix here for anyone who would like to see them:

http://woollum.com/gallery/index.php?list=Brett's%20'96%20Ranger/Computer

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbmw99
                    ...Creoden: Yeah those are what the local cruisers have - I'm not sure if you saw my other thread about choosing a low profile antenna (I used these as an example)... Yeah I need to get them to look as inconspicous as possible yet still be functional.
                    I hadn't seen the thread, We use them on all our cruisers up here, they work well, plus they are low profile so they 1. don't get stolen as much, and 2. no bad noise from then at high speeds.
                    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Comment

Good Stuff...

I drove around today with the new antenna system on the truck. I picked up a whole crapload of wireless access points! WOW! Look below for an cool mapping of this. -BW

EDIT: Guess which one is mine . That's right! The BIGGEST one and the little one below it! (also open too )

Comment

lol.. hmm those roads look familiar =P
                        Carputer HIFI car stereo project!
                        [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]
                        95% COMPLETE! FINALIZING SOFTWARE PLATFORM!

[XXXXXX--------------]
                        30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

Are you kidding or serious??? -BW

Comment

so which wifi card and antenna are you using and which antenna do you recommend... I need to boost my simple USB... replacement is in order...

my second question is how do you know which adapter your card requires? I'm totally in the dark on PCI wifi...
                            EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgithens
                              so which wifi card and antenna are you using and which antenna do you recommend... I need to boost my simple USB... replacement is in order...

my second question is how do you know which adapter your card requires? I'm totally in the dark on PCI wifi...
                              I am using a Gigabyte B/G PCI adapter. I have the Antenex Phantom antenna, in the 2.4GHz frequency range. I haven't tried any other antennas, so I cannot compare them, but I am happy with this setup.

Do you mean what connector your adapter has? I don't get what your asking when you said which adapter your card requires, unless you're talking about the connector....

I would recommend Waltel.com. Contact the owner, Jeff, if you have any questions about his products. This is where I bought my antenna and mount from. -BW

Comment

Working...
                              X