Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track your car! (free)

DynDNS Updater

This is a dynamic dns client that can update your IP to your free dyndns nameserver.

So whats so cool about that in my car you ask?

You can set DynDNS Updater to check your IP address at any interval you want. So as you are driving (or the guy that just stole your car) there is a good chance that you will pick up wireless signal here and there. All it takes is a second for it to update your IP, upload an ftp log file with detailed IP info
    (You can easily write a script to upload the logfiles to a server for your viewing pleasure), or notify you via email is already included with the app!

You can also take advantage of their email alerts. It can automatically send an email to your email account or cell phone email for an IP change or IP discovery.

This can be a very useful tool, and who knows could help if your car gets stolen as well. Its a free solution for those with wireless in their cars.

I think its a wondeful tool for carpc owners, and its out of your way in the system tray.

Bd
    -------------------------
    carputer: in progress
    Laptop install

very intresting m8, will look into it.

also whats the deal with the free minimac, is it a scam ?

Originally posted by bd3521
    DynDNS Updater

This is a dynamic dns client that can update your IP to your free dyndns nameserver.

So whats so cool about that in my car you ask?

You can set DynDNS Updater to check your IP address at any interval you want. So as you are driving (or the guy that just stole your car) there is a good chance that you will pick up wireless signal here and there. All it takes is a second for it to update your IP, upload an ftp log file with detailed IP info
    (You can easily write a script to upload the logfiles to a server for your viewing pleasure), or notify you via email is already included with the app!

You can also take advantage of their email alerts. It can automatically send an email to your email account or cell phone email for an IP change or IP discovery.

This can be a very useful tool, and who knows could help if your car gets stolen as well. Its a free solution for those with wireless in their cars.

I think its a wondeful tool for carpc owners, and its out of your way in the system tray.

Bd
    [SIZE=6]Join Date: Aug 2003
    Vehicle: 2004 320d Sport Touring
    HP-Epc, 512mb Ram, 250gb hd, Lilliput, GPS.
    [/SIZE]

Comment

supposedly if you refer your link or account to 10 other people you get the free item. i signed up just for the hell of it. anyone want me to refer them?
      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Huh? What about the app i mentioned
        Laptop install

Comment

And an idea to add to that: Start up an HTTP server with a page that uses an ActiveX/COM GPS component to display your long, lat, speed, direction, etc. for viewing on a cellphone or handheld without using much bandwidth.

Comment

do you mean a local http on the carputer?
            Laptop install

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
              supposedly if you refer your link or account to 10 other people you get the free item. i signed up just for the hell of it. anyone want me to refer them?
              I thought this was against forum rules. Pyramid offers.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                I thought this was against forum rules. Pyramid offers.
                It is. I think you better remove the link before you take a little vacation.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30738
                Installed
                Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

It's against the rules, but they aren't scams. I'm waiting for the last few people to do their offer so I can get mine free

Comment

Okay guys. Stop changing topics. Keep on thread subject.
                    Laptop install

Comment

Originally posted by bd3521
                      Okay guys. Stop changing topics. Keep on thread subject.
                      Thank us for saving you from being banned.
                      Installed.

Comment

Yeah but you also contributed to continue wasting posts. Does anyone have anything to contribute on the APPP!
                        Laptop install

Comment

they are trying to help you dummy

Comment

I don't see how that app would help if my car was stolen. I would want to know where my car is & I don't see how the info provided in this app helps me find it, if I know that the car changed from this ip to that one, what does that do to help me find my car?

I would like a way for the car to transmit real useable data, that I can easily translate to a physical location, not an IP address, am I missing something here?

....and oh yeh, by the way, shame on you for posting a pyramid scheme here, don't you know that maybe a few benifit, but at the expense of many....pyramids suck
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                              I don't see how that app would help if my car was stolen. I would want to know where my car is & I don't see how the info provided in this app helps me find it, if I know that the car changed from this ip to that one, what does that do to help me find my car?

I would like a way for the car to transmit real useable data, that I can easily translate to a physical location, not an IP address, am I missing something here?

....and oh yeh, by the way, shame on you for posting a pyramid scheme here, don't you know that maybe a few benifit, but at the expense of many....pyramids suck
                              IPs are given based on location except they aren't specific enough to have it help you find your car. Perhaps you could find out which city it is in but not the exact location like GPS.
                              Installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X