Nokia 6600 T-Mo Bluet....ARGH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia 6600 T-Mo Bluet....ARGH?

I can connect and dial *99# on my phone and connect to it and what-not but I am unable to do anything on the computer. I can do DNS lookups but cannot communicate with any of the hosts. I checked the settings for the connection and here's what I found:

IP Address: 10.187.144.89
    Mask: 255.255.255.255
    Gateway: 10.187.144.89

So yeah it's gotta be the fact that the gateway is the same as the IP but any ideas on why it auto configured this way? Could someone with T-Mobile copy and paste the results from ipconfig please? (or details of connected screen)

(IP/GW change each time, phone won't let me connect if I try to specify my own settings. I also see stuff about modem scripts for OS X. There wouldn't happen to be a Windows script for the 6600? :P)

It coudl be that your provider do not allow GPRS Web Browsing only GPRS WAP Browsing. Check you have the correct APN for Web GPRS.

Comment

More happy fun (basically an excuse to bump :P)

I forgot to mention: Internet works fine on the phone
      I can connect and browse the web on the built in browser, opera, and connect to aim through aigle messenger.
      I'm on the $4.99 t-zones plan and the access point is wap.voicestream.com
      I tried the Nokia Modem Options for the 6600 provided by Nokia - no go it doesn't show my bluetooth dun connection as supported. Also tried connecting via IR and it does the same as the first problem even with nokia's modem scripts.
      So then I took a look into the scripts that were provided for Mac OSX. Reading through I decided to put the following in the additional init string field in the modem's option: +CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" (I really REALLY thought that that would fix it....but of course not.)
      Nokia 6600
      v 4.09.1
      26-02-04
      NHL-10

Anyone have any ideas? I'm ripping my hair out here :-P

Comment

Internet access via gprs (tethering via BT, IR, or cable) is generally blocked by T-Mobile unless you subscribe to the $19.99 Internet plan. I have heard of some work-arounds and such but not sure if they work. I have a Nokia 6600 and tether to my laptop regularly but I also have the $19.99 Internet plan.

Check out this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=518666

Comment

:/ probally true - I'm fairly sure that all of the blog articles about how to use the $4.99 plan with mac osx were older back before t-mobile enforced this. Sucks but I guess that the phone/t-mobile can tell the difference between connecting to the apn via the phone or via a linked connection. I had a crazy idea of making a program for the 6600 that would connect via bt to the computer and act sort of as a relay to do a net connection. BT sample code is available from the one winamp controller (I think thats opensource) but I think anything beyond that would be over my head right now :-P

Comment

**** I AM STUPID

got it working just in time ...now I just have to hope t-mo rolls out better coverage at my new place beacase I have to stand at a window to get a signal lol...at least it's temporary I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X