Wardriving :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardriving :)

First time today, got about 10 hotspots pinged down and added to GPS points of interest.
    Me and my buddy had laptops, I had Dell Axim X5 for GPS and my carputer system for music.
    Laptops were connected to an inverter.
    Sorry for the crappy pics, sending them from a hotspot right now.
    Will post more when I get home with a better camera.

Sorry for the quality.

Wardriving rules!!
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Yeah, I've got some sweet shots, but they are on my friend's camera. We've hit about 20 different hotspots, one right near Starbucks, with a big parking lot, haha! Now I only need to find a few next to my college and work. Oh wait.. I got fired today!! Haha! Seriously though, that job sucked.

Comment

How long have you been wardriving? 20 hotspots is nothing. Are you using netstumbler, or are you just relying on Windows to do it for you?

I think I may have something like 600 or so in my area alone. And that's nothing!
      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

yeah 20 when war driving is nothing

I get about 15 just at my house!

I've got net stumbler logs that show about 150 on my drive to work on the highway, and probably double that just driving through boston

Comment

Originally posted by Hcomplyr
          yeah 20 when war driving is nothing

I get about 15 just at my house!

I've got net stumbler logs that show about 150 on my drive to work on the highway, and probably double that just driving through boston
          I was on my laptop in my car, and windows automatically connected to the strongest network. Which wasn't mine, in my driveway apparently. So I'm browinsg the web for a few minutes, and I go to get some music from my desktop. Well, looksy here, I'm on someone else's hd, on there network! I almost peed myself I disconnected to quick. then I loaded netstumbler, and went for a drive. On a 1/4 mile drive to my GF's, I hot 15 hotspots. Including an open network with at the police department!

Comment

yeah the local PD's aren't packing encryption which makes me wonder.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hcomplyr
              yeah the local PD's aren't packing encryption which makes me wonder.....
              Well, it can't be a trap - my local PD is complete dumb-@$$es.

One time a cop came to my house to get a report from us. He had a palm pilot. It froze. He said - "Oh no - i gotta let the batteries run down so it can restart." and seriusly just sat it on the table. IDIOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriy
                Yeah, I've got some sweet shots, but they are on my friend's camera. We've hit about 20 different hotspots, one right near Starbucks, with a big parking lot, haha! Now I only need to find a few next to my college and work. Oh wait.. I got fired today!! Haha! Seriously though, that job sucked.
                Post more pics! What kind of setup are you running card's?antenna's?,amp? 20 doesnt sound good for seattle,wa.

Comment

I live in the burbs
                  20 spots are only those that had good parking and were valuable enough to be put into the GPS database. Otherwise there've been at least 300 spots that we came across.
                  Here are the shots:

/\that's not me

Basically all we had were two laptops equipped with PCMCIA wifi cards. No antennas or amps (unless you count the 1600watt audio ). My friend's wifi card was better at picking up signal. We used WINC, and TomTom GPS for adding hotspots to POI database. The red screen in the middle is my carputer system, the one that plays my music. I really need to post updated shots of my setup soon..

Comment

lol
                    looks like a nice hacker set up, So where does your laptop go when you are driving?
                    1990 Jeep Cherokee
                    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Mine goes on the back seat
                      I usually leave it home, but now that I've got the hotspots identified, I'll tag it along in case I feel like checking my email or something

Comment

yea lol, i found 1500 Hot spots one day in a 25 mile drive. almost constant connection if i wanted it.
                        1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

You guys look like the secretc service's IT mobile unconcealed lab....
                          Welcome, cdm.
                          You last visited: 09-13-2006 at 02:42 AM
                          Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 3.

Wow.. how things have changed in 4 years. Gone are the days of mcgyver and datalux

Comment

Your pictures suck. Whats on top of your gauge cluster??? also, driving around with all those bright screens on and no window tinting is gonna get you pulled over. Make sure you encrypt anything you steal

Comment

LoL.....those pictures are hilarious. Instead of being called dorks for the carputer - you guys take it one step further by bringing more than one laptop.

I think everyone in this thread has said it in a nice way that you are some wardriving rookies...haha.

Do the pcmcia cards you are using even have external antenna jacks - I'll bet not
                              I'll be impressed when I see a Pringles cantenna or crazy Yagi setup.

Hey, I'm just messing/teasing you guys. I have a carputer and still bring a laptop every once in a while. That's really cool tho, I remember when I first got into wardriving. It gets little scary when u get on someone else's machine, and they counter-hack your ***. Not cool. Just be safe with it, and s'all good.

So for the obvious question - why the hell are u using a laptop to do it - when u have a carputer already in your car???
                              www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Working...
                              X