new company phone...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new company phone...

my company is buying new phones for everyone. i get to pick my phone. our carrier is cingular wireless. i live in northern ca. id like it to communicate with my carpc. i havent yet explored options for configuring that... i just want to make sure i get a phone that will work with it.

suggestions please.

has to be a current model i can buy through cingular. i dont want to have to mod the phone... or do any advanced programming with it up front.

First port of call

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
      thanks... that is the same package i wanted to use also. i am running into trouble though. none of the phones on the list... are available (currently)through cingular. im not sure if the models are just newer or what.

ex.. mot a630 is a tmobile phone, nokia 6610 is on phonecontrol, but the 6620 is available from cingular.

what is it that a phone has to have to comminucate with this software. ex.. i like the mot MPX220. it has bluetooth, data, quad band etc. perhaps there is future support for other phones.. provided they have certain types of interface?? is there a donation to get certain phones added to its support?

its never easy is it!

Comment

Well the T637 and T237 should work good and those are both offered by Cingular. I have the T637 and love it.
        -z0rz
        Car PC Status: [XX|xxxxxxxx] 20% Done
        Waiting on Lilliput to come in
        My Worklog Site My Worklog Post

Comment

Originally posted by z0rz
          Well the T637 and T237 should work good and those are both offered by Cingular. I have the T637 and love it.
          thanks for the info... my cingular website dosent show they offer that phone... so i guess ill have to call them and see if its available still.

Comment

Working...
          X