X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated GPRS "modems" for T-Mo

I just saw this on Engadget, a USB GPRS/Wifi adapter:

http://www.buslink.com/p_catdetail.asp?catID=102

Thought it's fantastic for those of us who don't have PCMCIA slots for the free GC79 or don't want the hassel of worrying about antenna location.

No comments about quality, but I can tell you that GPRS is only about 56kbps speeds, and T-Mobile isn't exactly famous for their coverage. (But only $30/mo unlimited, as opposed to Verizon who charges $80/mo and Sprint who doesn't even offer unlimited [unless you're using a phone pass-through to Sprint, which is what I'm doing now, but may not be as viable for those of us working to recreate Amundson and Minette's EVDO/Wifi router])

Originally posted by Sensor
    I just saw this on Engadget, a USB GPRS/Wifi adapter:

http://www.buslink.com/p_catdetail.asp?catID=102

Thought it's fantastic for those of us who don't have PCMCIA slots for the free GC79 or don't want the hassel of worrying about antenna location.

No comments about quality, but I can tell you that GPRS is only about 56kbps speeds, and T-Mobile isn't exactly famous for their coverage. (But only $30/mo unlimited, as opposed to Verizon who charges $80/mo and Sprint who doesn't even offer unlimited [unless you're using a phone pass-through to Sprint, which is what I'm doing now, but may not be as viable for those of us working to recreate Amundson and Minette's EVDO/Wifi router])
    $199?!
    Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

I WOULD NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR PAY THAT MUCH!! lol prolly like 20 bucks sure but 200 helllll naw

Comment

Working...
      X