bluetooth capabilities - cell phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth capabilities - cell phone

I didn't a quick search on the forums and didn't find anything on this. I'm looking for a new cell phone. Currently I have Cingular. I am interested in a phone with Bluetooth. I would like to use it w/ a wireless handfree kit. I saw something on the news how Mercedes has a car that shuts off the radio if you have a bluetooth capable phone. Is there anything with carputers that do this? I'm not interested in surfing the internet through the phone, just added features placing/receiving calls.

thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Hmmm .... haven't you heard of Phoco? Take a look in the Software Forums or www.phoco.net

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
      Hmmm .... haven't you heard of Phoco? Take a look in the Software Forums or www.phoco.net
      Nope... and the link doesn't work either.
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Originally posted by warnockm
        Link worked fine for me just a minute ago! Try it again.
        Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
          Link worked fine for me just a minute ago! Try it again.
          Interesting... it forwards me to http://zoran-horvat.de/private/default.aspx and it says:

Code:
          Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'.
          Die Ressource kann nicht gefunden werden.
          Beschreibung: HTTP 404. Die gesuchte Ressource, oder eine ihrer Abhängigkeiten, wurde möglicherweise entfernt, umbenannt oder ist nicht verfügbar. Überprüfen Sie folgenden URL, und stellen Sie sicher, dass er richtig buchstabiert wurde.

Angeforderter URL: /private/default.aspx
          anyone else see that?

Comment

Interesting... it forwards me to http://zoran-horvat.de/private/default.aspx and it says:

Code:
            Beschreibung: HTTP 404. Die gesuchte Ressource, oder eine ihrer Abhängigkeiten, wurde möglicherweise entfernt, umbenannt oder ist nicht verfügbar. Überprüfen Sie folgenden URL, und stellen Sie sicher, dass er richtig buchstabiert wurde.

anyone else see that?
            Well here's the english version.

Server error in application '/'. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Resources cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. Looked for resources, or one of their dependence, were removed possibly, renamed or are not not available. Examine the following URL, and you guarantee that it was spelled correctly. Requested URL: /private/default.aspx

Let me try the link again.

OK, try this
            Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

i *think* in japan, some stereo's have an option to ACC (an "almost mute" button on some decks) when the phone rings. I used to live there and they have all the cool toys. I think it worked similarly to those light up antennas/batteries you can buy for your cell phone... the device reacts to the frequency, lights up antenna/battery. Same deal with stereo, just sends a toggle command to ACC while a active frequency is detected. I used to have a small light up dash ornament that would react and light up just before my phone rang. It was quite helpful when I forgot to turn the ringer back on!The problem state-side is that we use different frequencies or something, so it's not as reliable (at least with verizon), that or there is some kind of regulation we got in place...*shrug*
              -GiZak-
              Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
              Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

Link works fine, I've just tested it here.

Comment

not here

---

JackyD -
                  (Formerly JakDaDark on these board.
                  god i hated that name)

Comment

try http://zoran-horvat.de/frameset.asp
                    JackyD -
                    god i hated that name)

Comment

ok, use THIS ONE. its more specific

http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/default.aspx
                      JackyD -
                      god i hated that name)

Comment

Sailing Clicker and BluetoothElite do this

but they're Mac only.

Anyone know of similar software for windows? I'm still deciding between OS platform.

Comment

Working...
                        X