UK anyone using free O2 gprs ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK anyone using free O2 gprs ?

I've found that O2 pay as you go, gprs is totally free so long as you have at least 1p credit on your phone

I've had a search but I cant seem to get anything working with my Nokia 7650.

The GPRS works a treat but I just can't seem to find any way to get it to connect via bluetooth to my pc.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Tiny
    www.t1ny.com

Oh man you are in the wrong forum!

Try a search in www.allaboutsymbian.com

I am a mod there, your question has been answered there like a zillion times!
    Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
    http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

uk_mp3car uses O2 GRPS. give him a shout.

Comment

Its a Nokia 7650 issue, not O2 Scouse, mine is running off my Ericsson T68i although mine isn't free, is it a special offer at the moment???

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys

Uk MP3Car... Is the T68i running from bluetooth ? any chance of a quick run through of how to get it working ?
          The GPRS isnt a special offer, it's just a little known thing. I was told by a friend who works for O2
          He's been using it for years, and I've been using it for about 3 months now, it's totally unlimited

But should it ever start to cost with out you realising, it's only going to eat into your PAYG credit rather than running up a huge bill.

Tiny
          www.t1ny.com

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
            Its a Nokia 7650 issue, not O2 Scouse, mine is running off my Ericsson T68i although mine isn't free, is it a special offer at the moment???
            yeah i just though he mioght have issues with that code thingy to get the GPRS to connect through wap.

sorry for trying to help....

why arent you on msn?

Comment

I think your right about the code thing.....

It just comes up with an error when I try and type it in.

Maybe it is the phone it's the only free phone I have to use with that sim card. but it the SE T68i works better then i'll be on ebay straight away pick one up

Sorry im not on msn, i've got 100+ contacts on there and Soooooooooooo many people try and contact me as soon as I log in ! it gets mad, lol Im really tired tonight and im only up so I can watch the Grand Prix Highlights lol...
              I've got to be up at 6am for work too ! lol
              we'll have to catch up another night

Tiny
              www.t1ny.com

Comment

I meant uk_mp3car on msn.

I was chatting to him beofre but it crashed.

Comment

ah lol my bad

Tiny
                  www.t1ny.com

Comment

sussed out why mine isn't free, my t68 doesn't support a proxy ip on the phone gutted

Comment

Originally posted by T1NY W
                      I've found that O2 pay as you go, gprs is totally free so long as you have at least 1p credit on your phone

I've had a search but I cant seem to get anything working with my Nokia 7650.

The GPRS works a treat but I just can't seem to find any way to get it to connect via bluetooth to my pc.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Tiny
                      You need to set the proxy server in IE to the o2 PAYG wap gateway. It only support cookies through SSL connections.

I've been using it with NO credit for months.
                      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

hmmm, I did that and it was still charging me, will reset my phone settings and try again

Comment

UK_MP3CAr let me know if you get your t68 working as I've got a spare t68 that I#d love to get working with me carputer.

Comment

Is your Sim card the one with 300 txt and 1Mb GPRS or 300GSM wap minutes?? mine used to be the same (free GPRS) i am not sure now i might have to check that out FREE INTERNET WOOHOO

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                              hmmm, I did that and it was still charging me, will reset my phone settings and try again
                              Have you carried on using it after your credit ran out?
                              Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                              Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Working...
                              X