pay as you go cell carriers with internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay as you go cell carriers with internet

I have been looking around the forums and searched along with checking on the back of all the prepaid cell phones. I was wondering if anyone has found prepaid cell phones that offer gprs that I could use in my carputer that doesnt count towards minutes. I seen one that said they offer data services but I dont know how much it is or if its only for the phone. Oh and its gonna be available in the states. I think this could help allot of people out on here.

I would give t-mobile or cingular a call, maybe they know something that is not on the package. I was thinking the same thing as I dont want to pay a monthly fee for data that i'm not always going to use. But then the thought comes to mind, most prepaid plans still require you to buy extra prepaid time every 30 to 60 days and what is the minimum we would have to buy to keep the account active.

Cingular does offer a low rate data plan for like $20 a month but you have to use it with the pcmcia GPRS card and it's only like 5mb of data transfer
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

well tmobile you have to already have a account, which my gf does and it would be no problem adding on gprs but then the problem is she cant use the phone while its in my car. I have extra phones but they gotta have simcards on the account so it dont work very well.

Comment

i'll give cinglar a call tomorrow and see if they support internet on the prepaid phones
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

awesome jcdillin

Comment

肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

What you could also do with t-mobile is just get a family plan and add interent to it. It's just $50 for 2 people with 500Min Anytime, Free N/W, and Free M2M. $20 for Internet.

Cingular is coming out with some new plans June 1st. I can't tell you what they're gonna be yet, I signed a contract that I would not divulge info. Believe me, it will be good!!

Peace,

Rafster
              Attached Files
              Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
                I signed a contract that I would not divulge info. Believe me, it will be good!!
                Is it a free razr v3 phone with purchase of a 2 year contract?
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Nah, to tell you the truth, the RAZR sux. The only thing it has going for it is the thinness. Other than that, the Moto V551 is a much better phone. It can actually do Video recording instead of only Playback.

I used to have a RAZR, then switched to V551 (Someone stole it), now I'm using one of the coolest phones (IMHO) a Nokia 6230. 4MIN of Video + MMC card!

BTW, if anyone needs any help with adding anything to their Cingular line (Add Line, Features, etc...) go to a GSM Wireless Store or Kiosk. They will be happy to help you. I know, it's where I work ( )

Peace,

Rafster
                  Post # 3000

Comment

Nah, to tell you the truth, the RAZR sux. The only thing it has going for it is the thinness. Other than that, the Moto V551 is a much better phone. It can actually do Video recording instead of only Playback.

I used to have a RAZR, then switched to V551 (Someone stole it), now I'm using one of the coolest phones (IMHO) a Nokia 6230. 4MIN of Video + MMC card!
                    You don't like the RAZR? WTF? I used my friend's razr... the only complaint I had was that the ok button was a bit hard to press.
                    The RAZR also has a 1megapixel camera

</thread jack>
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

RAZR has VGA Camera - See PM

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

BTW, if anyone needs any help with adding anything to their Cingular line (Add Line, Features, etc...) go to a GSM Wireless Store or Kiosk. They will be happy to help you. I know, it's where I work ( )

Peace,

Rafster
                        So would u recommend the moto or the nokia? I am glad you divulged at least as much as to wait for june 1st, cause I have been getting closer and closer to smashing my POS phone against the wall every minute of every day.
                        Carputer status: [-*---------]
                        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                          So would u recommend the moto or the nokia? I am glad you divulged at least as much as to wait for june 1st, cause I have been getting closer and closer to smashing my POS phone against the wall every minute of every day.

Both are good phones! You have PM.

Peace,

Rafster
                          Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                            I think he recommends this
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                              I think he recommends this
                              Sweet.
                              Carputer status: [-*---------]
                              Im thinking laptop...

Comment