P2P wireless connection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2P wireless connection?

hopefully someone can understand what im trying to ask here. say i had 2 vehicles. both are going on a long road trip. each has its own carpc with a working wifi card and external antenna. rather than waste precious cell minutes, id like to utilize the pretty useless wifi connection to connect both vehicles and use a program such as teamspeak to chat between vehicles. ive been banging my head at this idea for some time, but the big thing that has got me flustered is how to make it so one doesnt have to be a continuous server to work. one idea i had is to use some kind of peer to peer setup so neither carpc needs to be a server thus less hassle. but ive never dealt with wireless long enough to know if it has this functionality or not.

any help is appreciated
    Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Ad-hoc in both cards... that is just to make the card comunicate......... then your app or anyother that let you transmit text with between you workgroup
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

pcAnywhere has the future that you looking for too

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

thanks. that was what i was looking for. i heard of the ad-hoc term before but i thought it turned the card into a makeshift AP
        Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

We are going to do this (me and jcdillin) in the way to the national meeting next summer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Working...
          X