USB 802.11g adapters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 802.11g adapters?

I need to know if any one uses a usb 802.11g wifi adapter and if so dose it work with netstumbler under windows 2k?

I posted a message over there and basicly they have what I would consider some **** tard admins. This is what they said "If it isn't on the suported list it may or may not work".

So what I'm lookiong for is confirmed usb adaptors (preferably pen drive shaped) that you guys have found to work with net stumbler.

i use one with XP and it should work with 2k as it loads ndis drivers also like XP

Comment

I have heard that win2k shiped with ndis 1.0 and xp has 1.1 or at least that is what some nazie over at the netstumbler forums was yelling about.

What usb adaptor do you have?

Comment

I have used a Microsoft USB G adapter with Windows 2000, netstumbler worked perfectly
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

to be honest with you i haven't encountered one yet that has issues with the latest version in 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP. i've even had some crappy generic ones pick up networks from the get-go

Comment

Originally posted by Hcomplyr
            to be honest with you i haven't encountered one yet that has issues with the latest version in 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP. i've even had some crappy generic ones pick up networks from the get-go

With netstumbler? I know any of them will work for normal 802.11g networking but working with netstumbler is a whoal nother deal.

I looked up the microsoft one. It is a little big for what I need it for. I could probably squeeze it in but woulden't leave much room.

Comment

I use the Buffalo USB254G wireless adapter. It also has an external antenna support. I use an antenna and network stumbler all the time. Works great.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is this the one you have? If so it is kind of big for what I need. Of corse I have never seen the insides of one but maby it could be slimed down a good bit.

Comment

Yeah thats the one, that picture gives no justice to size. lol

Its quite small actually. Maybe not small enough for some of the installs going around here, but its nice behind my arm rest in the rear seat.

W4.8 x H3.7 x D2.2in (120 x 92 x 56mm)

Comment

Yea it is a bit big for what I need. It is a good option though if I mounted it some place else. How is the reception on it? The existing dlink card I have sucks badly. I cant connect to it with my laptop sitting a foot away from it in the car.

Comment

Working...
                    X