using a carphone for voip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a carphone for voip?

i have an old(95) lincoln town car car phone. it is basically like new. never been used before. it has a r34 plugin(i think thats it. it fits a normal router plugin for a high speed connection.) i tried to plug it into the router at home but it wouldnt power up(it fits perfectly though).

so my question is can i hook this up to a connected computer and use the phone through voip?? what would i have to do?
    my wish list:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

It's probably an analog phone, and most likely that connector is for the handset, not for ethernet.

Comment

so even though the connector will fit in the right place, it wont work? okay damn. i thought that that would be cool.
      my wish list:
      http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

Comment

yes you can do this you just need to share the internet connection. Try using winroute, sygate... I have already tried this and it works.

then you tell your voIP device to point to your nic
        2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

To use that phone, you have to add service for it. And if you can find a cell provider that will hook up that phone for you today is a miracle.

Without service, it is nothing but a paper weight.
          Since it is in the car, it will reduce your gas milleage due to it weight
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
            yes you can do this you just need to share the internet connection. Try using winroute, sygate... I have already tried this and it works.

then you tell your voIP device to point to your nic
            Thats just stupid right there.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
              To use that phone, you have to add service for it. And if you can find a cell provider that will hook up that phone for you today is a miracle.

Without service, it is nothing but a paper weight.
              Since it is in the car, it will reduce your gas milleage due to it weight
              Your right! Those old phones run on Amps. Which is one of the first cellphone technologys. Hes going to have a tuff time finding a company that will activate it.

Those old amps cell phones "bag phones". Make good cell phone jammers. You could also set it to scan. Listen to people cell phone conversations. Thats if you can fine someone running a old amps cell phone.

Comment

Actually, Verizon and Sprint still support and sell service for analog phone. We have an Analog Onstar phone in our Ponitac Montana. It's like $15/month for 20 Anytime, 250 Weekend, and 250 M2M (Locla Plan)

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                X